Whats your favorite go to hot sauce?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I'm not one to like the flavor of vinegar much. It is essential in many foods I do like.

Which ones work best in a hot sauce? Apple cider is wildly popular for its alleged health benefits. I've also read it is milder with less bite that white. Malt seems a decent option too. It is also about lowering the pH for storage stability.

:dunno: What say some of you?

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I am on vacation and got into thing of exploring different hot sauces. Trying them on chicken, shrimp, eggs, steak, you name it. Having a good time with it. Bought bunch of different brands I have come across. I really like all of them. It is bringing alot of spice in my eating and making it alot less boring. Havent tried the Billy Gibbons one yet but probably will eventually.
Anyone else enjoy using hot sauce on stuff? Whats your favorite, go to, hot sauce.?
Just about any hot sauce its even good on creamed corn.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
So, I was nearly out of Mexico Lindo Habanero sauce (my current daily driver) and I wanted to find some Marie Sharp]s Habanero. I thought I might find the latter at Whole Foods. Wrong. What I did find was many hot suaces for $5-9 per 5oz bottle. Well, since none of them are in my wheel house, I went on up the road to the hood where my global food bazaar is located. There, I found lots of great stuff. Unfortunately, no Marie Sharp's. So, I will have to keep looking for that. However, I knew I would find Mexico Lindo, there. They have raised the price to $2.29/bottle (from $1.70, IIRC) and I found some Jamaican Ghost Pepper sauce that looked good. So, I bought it.

A__8905.jpg

I tried a little of the ghost pepper on a Triscuit. Holy sh*t balls that sh*t is hot!

I eat a lot of hot stuff (some really hot stuff) and my stash is sweating...

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
So, I was nearly out of Mexico Lindo Habanero sauce (my current daily driver) and I wanted to find some Marie Sharp]s Habanero. I thought I might find the latter at Whole Foods. Wrong. What I did find was many hot sauces for $5-9 per 5oz I found some Jamaican Ghost Pepper sauce that looked good. So, I bought it.

I tried a little of the ghost pepper on a Triscuit. Holy sh*t balls that sh*t is hot!
:laugh2:

$5 - $9 isn't bad for Whole Paycheck (never been in one). So many boutique 5 ounce bottles are easily that and more.

A Triscuit? Brave!

Reaper Squeezins is expensive however you use so little. That bottle lasts a long time.

https://puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/all/products/reaper-squeezins They do 20% off offers fairly often. Shipping is cheap for one bottle IIRC.

Got some OJ and malt vinegar as a stating point for a hot sauce. I figure orange is a fine flavor to use - acidic too.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
:laugh2:

$5 - $9 isn't bad for Whole Paycheck (never been in one). So many boutique 5 ounce bottles are easily that and more.

A Triscuit? Brave!

Reaper Squeezins is expensive however you use so little That bottle lasts a long time.

https://puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/collections/all/products/reaper-squeezins They do 20% off offers fairly often. Shipping is cheap for one bottle IIRC.

Got some OJ and malt vinegar as a stating point for a hot sauce. I figure orange is a fine flavor to use - acidic too.
Well, there isn't one of those dripper inserts in the bottle so the first drop came out about the size of a nickle. I took another Triscuit and wiped some of the pepper sauce on it and tried that. Then I did that again. Finally, I ate the cracker that was sort of soaked in it.

That is some f*cking hot stuff.

Definitely to be enjoyed by the drop...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I am going to lay waste to my alimentary canal by calling in an order of General Tso's chicken and crab rangoons and spicing them up with the ghost pepper sauce from hell...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My Chinese place was closed, so I went Thai (crab rangoons and Penang beef). I put a large drop of the ghost pepper stuff in the 'duck' sauce for the rangoons. It was quite good and quite hot. The Penang beef from this joint is probably they only local dish around here to which I don't add hot sauce. It is just right (I'd say a little less than habanero hot...only a little). So, I didn't add anything to the entre. It was awesome as it always is. I will find something tomorrow to put the GP sauce on.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I just put three big drops of the GP sauce in about 3 tablespoons of hummus. I probably should have done 6+ tablespoons of hummus. The GP is orders of magnitude (literally about 3x on the SHU, IIRC) above the habanero (and that sh*t is hot). I had to give my mouth a little recovery time before I could have a sip of bourbon (hard liquor chasing hot peppers if a fool's errand). The habanero "hot sting" might linger in my mouth for a minute or two. The GP hot sting is still going 15 minutes later.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I just put three big drops of the GP sauce in about 3 tablespoons of hummus. I probably should have done 6+ tablespoons of hummus. The GP is orders of magnitude (literally about 3x on the SHU, IIRC) above the habanero (and that sh*t is hot). I had to give my mouth a little recovery time before I could have a sip of bourbon (hard liquor chasing hot peppers if a fool's errand). The habanero "hot sting" might linger in my mouth for a minute or two. The GP hot sting is still going 15 minutes later.
That sounds about right; a habanero is about 300k SCU and the ghost is about 1 million. I've had some ghosts that were closer to habanero in my judgement making them easier to handle.

Aside from milk (I rarely have on hand), "cocktail" peanuts do a pretty good job of putting out the fire. Not sure about dry roasted.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
That sounds about right; a habanero is about 300k SCU and the ghost is about 1 million. I've had some ghosts that were closer to habanero in my judgement making them easier to handle.

Aside from milk (I rarely have on hand), "cocktail" peanuts do a pretty good job of putting out the fire. Not sure about dry roasted.
I can handle the burn, but it is noticeably longer lasting with this GP sauce. I like it. Now, I need to figure how to get it into something that is gourmet and not just flaming hot.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
With me, once my mouth cools off, the heat is gone. No butthole burn. :dunno:

I've never been able to correlate any joint effect. I have some heat nearly everyday.
All of my joints feel good. Sometimes, my index finger on my fretting hand (which is a little twisted (literally) from 40+ years of barre chords) has some pain in the middle knuckle. That's been mostly gone for a while. I usually have hot sauce two to three times a day. As I mentioned before, I consume a full bottle of Sriracha each month. I do think that capsaicin has a positive effect on joint health, but that could just be me.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I can handle the burn, but it is noticeably longer lasting with this GP sauce. I like it. Now, I need to figure how to get it into something that is gourmet and not just flaming hot.
Some super hot pods have a cumulative effect. Hot at first, but then the heat builds and builds to where you were not expecting it to get to. Can be fun!

I use a lot of my pods in salsa as I live on pita bread salsa pizza. Some insist the pods need to be heated to 160°F for food safety reasons, but I have just put them in the jar cut, diced, in slivers or flakes depending on my mood.

Larger bits need longer to infuse. About a day later they infuse the salsa with their magic. Sometimes two days is best.

It is a little Russian Roulette like; every so often a bit of super hot gets stuck in between teeth, requiring emergency dental floss. :rofl:

My clear favorite is Desert Pepper in this flavor. Getting all of those ingredients together myself seems way too trouble.

This stuff is SO GOOD!

1594853117838.png

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
All of my joints feel good. Sometimes, my index finger on my fretting hand (which is a little twisted (literally) from 40+ years of barre chords) has some pain in the middle knuckle. That's been mostly gone for a while. I usually have hot sauce two to three times a day. As I mentioned before, I consume a full bottle of Sriracha each month. I do think that capsaicin has a positive effect on joint health, but that could just be me.
It seems to have some medicinal benefits externally.

IDK, it just makes for fun food. The adrenaline rush is real.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Some super hot pods have a cumulative effect. Hot at first, but then the heat builds and builds to where you were not expecting to get to. Can be fun!

I use a lot of my pods in salsa as I live on pita bread salsa pizza. Some insist the pods need to be heated to 160°F for food safety reasons, but I have just put them in the jar cut, diced, in slivers or flakes depending on my mood.

Larger bits need longer to infuse. About a day later they infuse the salsa with their magic. Sometimes two days is best.

It is a little Russian Roulette like; every so often a bit of super hot gets stuck in between teeth, requiring emergency dental floss. :rofl:

My clear favorite is Desert Pepper in this flavor. Getting all of those ingredients together myself seems way too trouble.

This stuff is SO GOOD!

View attachment 475914
I'll look for that. I like Newman's mango salsa, but even the "Hot" needs a little extra horsepower.

Latest Threads