Whats your current rig?

James R

Reaction score
My #1 guitar varies depending on the week, but usually it’s either my 335 or my Tele into the Helix and through studio monitors these days.
I always make time for an LP or SG through a Marshall tube amp though, it’s a magical pairing.
My big Fender tube amps hardly ever get switched on anymore though, too crazy loud before you hit the sweet spots... at least for my needs.

matthew bear

Reaction score
My metal rig
D385D9E3-6156-47CC-A37B-9A0ACFC79CA2.jpeg

Orange Rockerverb 50 mkIII, pigtronix disnortion,and Gibson RD artist with Bare Knuckle Emeralds. Tuned to drop C

The pedal is rad, but it gets swapped out for the catlinbread viper boost or the love pedal les Luis from Tim to time. The love pedal is a tweed in a box, but it smashes the front of the amp just right and DOOMS out hard!

Last edited:

matthew bear

Reaction score
No pics of the amp, but guitar is currently this:

An Edwards LP copy (I forget the model number), pickups are Bare Knuckle Emeralds. Running through a Marshall DSL5C, soon to be replaced by a JCM800 Studio Classic. Yet to decide on head/cab or combo.
Nice guitar! I love white customs...
How do you like the emeralds? I have a set in my RD and they are pretty sweet IMO

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Lately I've been using my Bassman head as my main amp. It's a 1964 Pre-CBS Fender FEIC AA864 circuit Blackface Bassman head with 212 piggyback cab. One Jensen C12N original speaker and one WGS Veteran 30 replacement speaker. The blend of American and British speakers in one cab works very well, and is quite underrated IMO.

The guitar I use changes all the time. Les Paul, SG, Tele, Strat, PRS, etc. In this photo it's my 2007 MIM Fender Telecaster with Custom Shop Nocaster pickups. Definitely a Tele guy and an SG guy the most probably but I like them all.

My pedalboard is a Pedaltrain PT-2 that I've loaded with a lot of effects. I do classic rock covers, but also modern country and pop where there is a lot of effects and layered delays, reverbs, and modulation. I also use pedals for all the gain and keep the amp as a clean platform and so I have a few dirtboxes on there as well. I definitely am a pedal guy for sure.

Rds

Reaction score
My metal rig View attachment 367615
Orange Rockerverb 50 mkIII, pigtronix disnortion,and Gibson RD artist with Bare Knuckle Emeralds. Tuned to drop C

The pedal is rad, but it gets swapped out for the catlinbread viper boost or the love pedal les Luis from Tim to time. The love pedal is a tweed in a box, but it smashes the front of the amp just right and DOOMS out hard!
Damn you could do some destruction with that. I have a 78 rd standard. Great guitars.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I don't have any pics...probably should. Pedal board is tuner>mini cry baby>Boss tremolo>Tech21 Liverpool Deluxe and then into parallel with a Electroharmonix C9, Guitar signal gets a DD7 and then both come back into an AB box which goes into a graphic EQ for solo boost and a flanger for when things get trippy. All this goes straight to the PA. Axe is any of these depending on song;
'94 Standard with Tonerider P90's
(mid 80's??) Epi Custom (open D for slide)
Gretsch 5235T with P90's
'94 Gretsch 6120 with T90/Powertron/T90 combo, 'hotrod' wired with an LP 3 pickup switch.
'86 G&L ASAT.

When I gig I usually choose one main axe and one back-up, depending on the 'vibe' of the gig. As I read the list I notice I'm really getting into single coils....I was always a humbucker dude until recently....

Last edited: