Whats your all time favorite guitar pick ? Pick as in plectrum

mjross

Reaction score
I’m like Forgerty, I use whatever I pull out of the pick cup on my desk. It has a assortment of a bizillion years of misc picks of all sizes.

Maubris

Reaction score
I bought two stamped thin copper picks in New Mexico years ago. Those are absolutely my two favorite picks of all time. I lost one of them a year and a half ago and I just found it about two months ago. Then I lost it again two weeks ago and I found it last weekend. Then I lost it again and just found it again yesterday. I have torn rooms apart looking for the lost pic.

E.T.

Reaction score
0.72mm Clayton spike teardrops. I wish they would last longer and weren't so easy to lose..

BKS

Reaction score
jazz iii sh.jpg

Got a Jeff Loomis signature pick to try-out but I prefer the good old jazz III with sharp point.
Tiny hands, tiny pick :thumb:

craigeymac

Reaction score
I use InTune Picks, 2mm. They grip real nice and last ages. I order them direct from InTune & change the design on each batch.

order 94357, Fisher, Craig - PROOF #2 (est 1986, 11-19).jpg
order 94357, Fisher, Craig - PROOF #1 (craigey, 11-19).jpg
Craig Fisher.jpg

They come out great too!

picks.jpg

Maubris

Reaction score
Shouldn’t it be called a pluctrum really? You don’t plec a guitar.

Censport

Reaction score
I used the purple Tortex 1.14 exclusively for probably 30 years until I found some Fender 351 heavies in a box of old pickups last month. So now switching between them depending on what I'm playing music-wise.

dro

Reaction score
Favorite guitar pick I ever had. Were the ones I used to get in the 70's and 80's.
Herco Flex 40
They quit making them for some stupid reason.
I used to buy them by the hundreds.
Had a very long sharp point, that was pretty flimsy, while held traditionally.
But squeeze it just a little and that long sharp point would become like a nail.
Lost so many of those picks gigging in California.
It's a wonder there are not Flex 40 trees growing all over the state.

speyfly

Reaction score
Ill start it off , i love anything smallish and sharp, I dislike rounded vague tips,

Acoustic- Dunlop Standard Nylon .46mm
Electric- Dunlop Nylon Max-Grip .60's and .73's

Last edited:

Martijn R.

Reaction score
So far i prefer Dunlop Hetfield's White Fang Custom Flow:
1637582173272.png

Also bought the regular Dunlop Ultex Flow 1.14 which are cheaper but they don't feel the same.
Not sure if the White Fang is Ultex material or not but the edges are more beveled compared to the regular Ultex Flow 1.14.

I sometimes use a Ultex Jazz III (1.38) but i preffer the attack i get from the White Fang 1.14.

Just the price of the White Fangs sucks...

Also recently made a Flow shaped pick out of 2mm thick brass just to try it out. Not sure i like it, seems to produce lower volume, especially the 3 high strings seem to suffer from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCW

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Are these slick or matte/grippy like Tortex’s?

They're their own thing, not really like either of those. They're really interesting because they actually become more grippy if your hand starts to sweat a little. They almost feel etched or something, difficult to explain.

I've tried every pick under the sun and I just love these Ultexs, I wanna throw them from the rooftops. Lol

Reactions: LCW

Latest Threads