Whats your all time favorite guitar pick ? Pick as in plectrum

Robby

Reaction score
Ill start it off , i love anything smallish and sharp, I dislike rounded vague tips,

Banastre

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure this out, even though I was sure it was a green tortoise Fender Medium, for like the last 15 years. At the local brick n' mortar I found two picks that have little dimples on them, simply say 'Brain'- one is red 0.73 and the other black 0.88 and are cheap at $0.50 apiece. Surf is the red, other stuff the black. Then I flip to a Dunlop nylon at 0.88, then maybe the green Fender again. Make a difference? Thickness yes, material...still don't know.
Sorely tempted to just use a thumbpick as a regular pick (to prevent what I call the "great pick rotation" or "pick-dance").

BDW60

Reaction score
What’s funny is how much we mess with pickups and harnesses and bridges and tailpieces -- when the thickness and material your pick Is made of makes IMO a more significant difference in tone.

I am torn ... i like the feel and playability of medium picks (yellow Tortex) but I much prefer the tone of thin picks. The stringy, snappy, bright sound really helps Les Pauls sound more open and lively (IMO). I am transitioning to thin but it is harder to play certain kinda stuff with them.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Dunlop purple
06-A24-CDC-6254-4-D46-8-B62-E03-E68479-D9-E.jpg

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fender 346 Medium tort as above in jbash's post, but Medium......

1. I likes em and have used em for decades, bought em by the gross back then.
2. Three points on em.
3. Easy to palm and play some finger stuff and roll back out.
4. Not one rat bastid I ever played with over the years used Fender 346 Mediums so mine didn't go missing.... ;)

Latest Threads