What's with the OTHER LP Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC5A

Reaction score
I tried registering ages ago on the "other" Les Paul Forum but they never confirmed my membership. I contacted them about the issue but was more or less brushed off... Is that forum a private club strictly reserved to elite guitar owners? Anyone here a member there?

Hemply

Reaction score
you gotta keep at them and getting your membership approved doesn't mean you can post, that's another process you need permission for!:rolleyes:

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Kate033

Reaction score
I didn't sign up there for ages because I had a yahoo email account, which is apparently against the rules? So I finally signed up there after switching internet providers and getting a "real" email address, but my membership is still in the "moderation queue" for approval :rolleyes:

A lot of work just to check out some Les Pauls! ...oh well!

TC5A

Reaction score
I didn't sign up there for ages because I had a yahoo email account, which is apparently against the rules? So I finally signed up there after switching internet providers and getting a "real" email address, but my membership is still in the "moderation queue" for approval :rolleyes:

A lot of work just to check out some Les Pauls! ...oh well!
Yeah that's my situation. Membership not yet approved for posting. For two years... :noway::noway:

Kate033

Reaction score
Yeah that's my situation. Membership not yet approved for posting. For two years... :noway::noway:
Yeah, I haven't a clue how all that works. :hmm: It's not like you have to write an essay about your guitars to prove you're not a robot or spammer/

In their defense, it hasn't been that long that I've waited...it just struck me as odd.

On the plus side, when I originally couldn't sign up there I found my way to MLP and here I've stayed! :thumb:

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been on the Les Paul Forum for many years, no problems.

Ed B

Reaction score
I tried registering ages ago on the "other" Les Paul Forum but they never confirmed my membership. I contacted them about the issue but was more or less brushed off... Is that forum a private club strictly reserved to elite guitar owners? Anyone here a member there?
same thing happened to me. this is the only lp site i need. :applause:

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't a clue how all that works. :hmm: It's not like you have to write an essay about your guitars to prove you're not a robot or spammer/

In their defense, it hasn't been that long that I've waited...it just struck me as odd.

On the plus side, when I originally couldn't sign up there I found my way to MLP and here I've stayed! :thumb:
Exactly my situation. I have been in the queue for almost a year and wandered over here in the interim. :hmm:

05hummer

Reaction score
Been on there a long time, no problems for me either...

twinrider1

Reaction score
It is a test. If you cannot overcome, you do not have the intestinal fortitude needed to be a member. You are not worthy.

Nah, it's just a quirk of the management there. You have to be persistent and email the boss directly, sometimes more than once. I wouldn't call them elitist, just a little impatient with youthful ignorance.

hipofutura

Reaction score
I tried to join there. They wouldn't let me in so I joined MLP. Much lower standards here!

Adwex

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been on the Les Paul Forum for many years, no problems.
Same here. They have strict rules regarding your email address, it must be from your service provider....no yahoo, hotmail, etc. It's a little snobby over there.

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Send this to Lilly.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI]YouTube - Badgers[/ame]

jclark42796

Reaction score
Ditto for me w/ the gmail account

Sorry. The Les Paul Forum does not accept Hotmail or Yahoo (webmail) email
accounts - including Gmail - for registration. Please use another
subscription based email address such as one from an internet service
provider and you should be all set to go.

tele52

Reaction score
I go on it, it's not near as much fun as this one. It's a little stuffy, it's country club, this is local pub. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
But I don't think they've had a pickgaurd removal thread that went for seven glorious pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads