What's the "T" stand for?

Dilver

Reaction score
okay, I must have missed it: what's the T stand for in a Les Paul Standard/Traditional/Studio T?

gball

Reaction score
The "T" stands for "Traditional" (which seems absurd when you are looking at a Traditional T, or Traditional Traditional). It's used to differentiate the more, uh...traditional models from the more "modern" HP models that have robo tuners, metal zero-nut frets, fancy electrics and all.

C_Becker

Dat Gibson smell
Reaction score
It stands for "Gibson guitar as it should be", devoid of any robot-tuning, shredder necks and whatever else bullshit they have come up with.

Malchik

Reaction score
It stands for "Gibson guitar as it should be", devoid of any robot-tuning, shredder necks and whatever else bullshit they have come up with.
Must suck being a company that can't diversify it's products to a broader audience without scrutiny.

C_Becker

Dat Gibson smell
Reaction score
Must suck being a company that can't diversify it's products to a broader audience without scrutiny.
Look at their credit rating to see how well that has worked for them.

Some changes are good, like the Axcess neck joint, it looks like its well received and it makes sense, too. Other things like the robo-tuner...

The worst decision they could make they made in 2015, where they made the changes across the whole line, without alternatives. Stores around here had sale after sale to get rid of the 2015 models, they almost gave them away.

Thing is, most Gibson buyers are traditionalists. If I want a LP shaped guitar with a wide flat neck, EMGs and a Floyd there are tons of other manufacturers out there like Jackson or ESP that make one.

If I buy a Gibson, I want a Les Paul that is traditional - Nitro finish, familiar neck profile and so on. Or at least, a choice to buy an unmolested one. Which, after the 2015 disaster, they decided to implement, go figure.

And I'd really like to know the sales figures of the T line compared to the HP...

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
And I'd really like to know the sales figures of the T line compared to the HP...
that sounds like a good job for @chasenblues ! That guy can find ANYTHING!

BTW OP That blue beauty in your avatar has had me drooling since my first post! :drool:

(adjusts bib and grabs spitoon....)

chasenblues

Reaction score
Could be wrong on this,
But i thought i read somewhere that Gibson doesn't/didn't release sale figures that particular way..

:hmm: Maybe that was Rickenbacker..

Latest Threads