Whats the loudest amp you own?

psychedelicblues

Reaction score
What's your loudest amp? Mines my fender twin reverb. 85 watts is LOUD cranked. Its loud enough to rattle pictures off the wall. I know and I did. When cranked it actually will overdrive dispite its insane head room. Add a dirty boost and the tone is amazing. ..... and loud enough to cause hearing damage.
Mine are my Fender pro jrs in a 4X10 cabinet

Attachments

Mr Insane

Reaction score
Two Peaveys I inherited from my dad. One is a tube 100 or 120 watt 2x12 from the 70s, the other is 120 watt transtube. One night I had the bright idea to plug into both fully cranked...how I still have hearing after that is a miracle.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friedman PT-20 (Sonic Nirvana) 20 Watt EL 84 w/112 cabinet
IMG_2740 - Copy.JPG

Dr. Z Monza (a Rock 'n' Roll BEAST) 20 watts EL84 1x10 Eminence Red Fang
purportedly L O U D E R than @ehb 's albino aardvark on acid
Monza.jpg

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
At present, I suppose my Peavey Bandit is the loudest, but I almost never use that. Actually, even though my 15W amps are CRANKED when I play them, my loadbox/cab sim pedal let me listen to them at reasonable volume levels over IEMs.

For fun, I plugged my REAL 2x12 into my Orange, just to see how loud my current levels would be in a club. I'm way too loud, and in a jamroom would easily overpower my drummer (and piss off the band). Gimme good stage volume, it's all I need.

grumphh

Reaction score
...i wrote about the loudest amp i ever owned - but the loudest amp i presently own is a 4x6l6 Randall RM-100 with massive transformers together with a 1960B with G75T's - at least if i go by watt rating.

I have never turned it up, and ironically it serves as my bedroom amp, and actually sounds really nice at db levels of ~ 55 - 60 (measured with a phone app at a distance of 3 ft from the speaker).
Doesn't sound like a turned up amp, no, but still very nice.

So, my (presumably) loudest amp is also the one i use at below conversation leves :D

Chicago Matt

Reaction score
Fender Twin RI (low power tweed 5E8-A) 40 watts - Not that loud, but can keep up with any drummer. Outside? I mic it. In any club I play, it's attenuated a bit and mic'd. Sorry, don't have a picture of it with my Les Paul. ;)

Ellie Daddy 025.JPG

Latest Threads