Whats the loudest amp you own?

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What's your loudest amp? Mines my fender twin reverb. 85 watts is LOUD cranked. Its loud enough to rattle pictures off the wall. I know and I did. When cranked it actually will overdrive dispite its insane head room. Add a dirty boost and the tone is amazing. ..... and loud enough to cause hearing damage.

smk506

Reaction score
66 Bassman built into a 1x12 combo cab with an EV in it. I’ve never actually turned it all the way up or even I think all that close.

Merkin

Reaction score
It's been buried in my brother's garage for twenty years, but my old Peavey Deuce was ridiculously loud.

I don't think I ever got the master over '1' at mid sized gigs and I've been deaf in one ear ever since I (stupidly) max'd it in a rehearsal room.

The specification said it was 120w but I remember reading something once that put it at 165 and I could well believe it.

Other than that, it weighed a tonne - I bought an AC30 as a lightweight replacement.

Lovely sound though, the Deuce, I should get it back from him and fix it up...once I find a fork lift truck to move it.

Deuce.jpg

(Stock Photo - not mine...)

grumphh

Reaction score
Some 15 years ago i went to an "ampfest" somewhere in Germany and i brought a '71 superbass and a 4x12.
Guitar straight in, and every possible knob on amp and guitar dimed.
That is the only time i have ever dimed everything on that amp (and for that matter any amp) - just for the hell of it :D

It was monstrously loud (also louder than any of the other amps present), close to actually nausea inducing, even in a pretty fair sized room with a high ceiling, and sounded crappy, because it was just a mushy wall of way, way, way to loud noise.

Perhaps this sort of volume could be useful at an outdoor festival without a PA - otherwise, completely unusable.

Gary

Reaction score
My loudest amp is a 45 watt, drip edge Bandmaster. Back in the 70's it was mocked by fellow musicians as not being loud enough. Today, people say 45 tube watts is too much. Funny that.

Cranked, it's a blaster. Unfortunately, it's too much power for the places that I play.

Deftone

Reaction score
It's been buried in my brother's garage for twenty years, but my old Peavey Deuce was ridiculously loud.

I don't think I ever got the master over '1' at mid sized gigs and I've been deaf in one ear ever since I (stupidly) max'd it in a rehearsal room.

The specification said it was 120w but I remember reading something once that put it at 165 and I could well believe it.

Other than that, it weighed a tonne - I bought an AC30 as a lightweight replacement.

Lovely sound though, the Deuce, I should get it back from him and fix it up...once I find a fork lift truck to move it.

View attachment 454128

(Stock Photo - not mine...)
I had a Peavey Mace 2x12 back when I was in a band.

"This insane power monster sported six 6L6 tubes for what the manual states is "160 very conservatively rates watts RMS".
https://wgsusa.com/blog/early-peavey-sleaper-amps-tons-tone-dollar

Right now my loudest amp Is my Phaez Nailbomb which Randy said was about 35w.

IMG_2484a.JPG

jb_abides

Reaction score
Both Loud... and HEAVY [it's telling these both came with standard caster wheels] -

Ampeg VT40 4x10

&

Mesa Royal Atlantic RA-100 2x12 - fortunately can be attenuated down to ~3 watts

...both edge out the Marshalls at full volume.

Merkin

Reaction score

mdubya

Reaction score
I have 600 watt and 1000 watt PA speakers. They are pretty loud. :dunno:

My old Marshall 2205 (only 50 watts) was super loud.

My 2204 is plenty loud but not as loud as the others.

Latest Threads