Whats the difference between a custom reissue vos and a standard VOS?

russman

Reaction score

brimay

Reaction score
Why havn't i heard theres a price drop!?????

billy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hunting for my first VOS.

BUt....

whats the difference between both of them?

Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Reissue Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

and

Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

Both 1958 vos, just one is a reissue and one standard. Given the same price, which one would you go for?

Thanks

Nothing they are the same thing... Guitar center and big places like that always seem to cock up in the descriptions... and to be honest aren't the best place to buy from... the best places are small shops who know their stuff, places like the music zoo, wildwood guitars, marks guitar loft etc... you'll probally get a better price from them and they'll answer any questions you have.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Yeah, they're the same. The only difference is the colour.
The one in your first link only has two colours - Bourbonburst & Lemonburst.
These two colours, along with Sunrise Teaburst, were a "limited edition" last year but it looks like Gibson decided to make these colours regular production as they are now on gibson.com.

Mmmm, bourbon...
R8345.jpg

russman

Reaction score
Guys, would you go for this 1958 Vos over a Gibson Traditional? Worth the grand difference?

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
Guys, would you go for this 1958 Vos over a Gibson Traditional? Worth the grand difference?

I'd go for the R8, I think its just a more solid built guitar and while the Traditional's are good if I had the money and it didn't really matter I'd pick the R8 better woods etc. But at the end of the day play one of each and see which sounds better and buy that one!

Guido

The Gweeeed
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Absolutely. And, there has been a price drop, so pull the trigger now! :)

Latest Threads