What's on YOUR workbench right now?

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This guitar. Oh my....so beautiful! A custom ordered 1966 Epiphone A-412.
The celluloid pickguard was rotting out so I made a new one. Stew-mac acrylic.

epi 3.jpg

epi4.jpg

epiguard.jpg

oldepiguard.jpg

Attachments

• 66 epi 2.jpg
    66 epi 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 18

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score

Freddy, I know this was not your goal of restoration but the typeface on that letter is remarkable and extremely well preserved. Much much nicer than any "typewriter" font I've ever found.

Not only that, it just so happens that within that text is every single lowercase letter!

If you happen to have a flatbed scanner, and feel so inclined, I'll give it my best to turn that old typeface into a useable computer font and share it with you. ...in case you may also like to create some cool vintage-vibe documentation for anything you are working on.

It'll be a back-burner project but I've made fonts before and it's possible.

Oh, yes, they guitar is super cool, too! lol!

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freddy, I know this was not your goal of restoration but the typeface on that letter is remarkable and extremely well preserved. Much much nicer than any "typewriter" font I've ever found.

Not only that, it just so happens that within that text is every single lowercase letter!
Holy crap... I looked and thought "No way there's a "q" in there"
There it is.
"Frequensator"
Fantastic.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

If you happen to have a flatbed scanner, and feel so inclined, I'll give it my best to turn that old typeface into a useable computer font and share it with you. ...in case you may also like to create some cool vintage-vibe documentation for anything you are working on.

It'll be a back-burner project but I've made fonts before and it's possible.

Oh, yes, they guitar is super cool, too! lol!
Thats a cool idea! I'll scan it and send it to you

Skyjerk

Sausages
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home stretch for both. finished sanding and buffing yesterday.
Doing fretwork on the purple guy today. Hope both are in the “post guitars” thread next week. :)

49213778-1F40-4425-BE84-C54278A9712D.jpeg

01A5E8D6-5296-418A-AAE5-A8298C7CE64F.jpeg

5C9B8764-14DE-4EB8-BCC6-89C9B5A92604.jpeg

8E5C4EE1-7A00-405A-A357-C0E7F1F16C16.jpeg

Ripthorn

Reaction score
If you're in a hot climate, like I am, that's a life saver. I installed a ductless mini-split last summer in my garage/workshop. Before that I couldn't stay in there longer than an hour or two at a time then have to go inside and rehydrate. It'll be the best thing you've done in a long time!
Austin, TX, baby.

I decided to do a $0 build to use up scraps, offcuts, and stuff on hand. I'll make a few things that I don't have, but only from materials I have on hand. I'm glad I started with 4 blanks, because after two broken drill bits and forgetting to touch off correctly before an operation, I'm left with two good bridges, one for plating testing, and some good fixturing and GCode to prevent any future mishaps as much as possible.

Joe Desperado

Reaction score
Wow there is so much talent on this board.

@Ripthorn I may reach out to you to ask some questions about milling metal on the CNC. If that is ok?

Ripthorn

Reaction score
Wow there is so much talent on this board.

@Ripthorn I may reach out to you to ask some questions about milling metal on the CNC. If that is ok?
Happy to answer questions. I do all my metal milling on a CNC milling machine, not a router, though, so I don't know if that is what you are talking about or not. Still, happy to help where I can.

Latest Threads