Whats Old is New Again! 25% Sale through June!

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting old... 41 this June 30th!! Still feel 14 most days though :p

Time for an announcement and a Sale!

Meat and Potatoes;
25% off Coupon Code: Bluesman2019

The garnish:
I've launched a new site as am splitting the Sigil Vintage Series and Sessions Series pickups to their own brand. Sigil Pickups will cater to the Vintage spec (ie: butyrate bobbins, maple spacers, PE wire) as was always the intent and the now launched Bluesman Pickups will be the more budget friendly variant (ie: poly wire, modern plastic bobbins and spacers, no P.A.F. clone covers).

The Bluesman Pickups site is ready to go despite many of the pictures bearing the Sigil logo. Link is the logo below;

And of course the Sigil Pickups site will have the same Coupon.

The Sessions sets will be disappearing from the Sigil site soon but can be ordered at the same price as the Bluesman Pickups site with option for P.A.F. Clone covers until I remove them.

If you're not in for some new pickups, then please just take a look at the site and let me know what you think! I went for a bit of a brighter layout this time.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
If you're not in for some new pickups, then please just take a look at the site and let me know what you think! I went for a bit of a brighter layout this time.
Since I do this for a living, here are a few technical things to work on sir.

-WordPress with WooCommerce checkout. Solid option! I love WP
-Google Analytics plugin, good choice. Your GA tag is currently working properly. :)
-Add Yoast SEO plugin. It will help with several areas of the site.
- Your 1&1 hosting is not great. Mobile page load speed is 7.4 seconds, Needs to be under 5. Desktop load speed is 6.3 seconds with a Time To First Byte of 1.2 seconds. TTFB needs to be half that.
-Submit your sitemap to Google Search Console if you have not already. Will help with site indexing.
-Each page is missing a meta description and needs to have one written.
-Image file sizes are generally really large. Use a "smush" plugin to bring those file sizes down. Will help speed up your site.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate it! I was doing web dev before getting into pickups and used to worry about all of that stuff but have found a lot of it isn't worth the time. That's how a lazy coder justifies it anyway :)

Yoast... used to be good until it was laden with ads. Maybe things have changed? It's been years since I used it. I do still run my site through ASEOPS Pro though which is a huge program and allows seamless submission to hundreds of world wide search engines. I find it's a lot more effective for brute force networking than waiting around for the Google machine to munch through the data. I do still have to do some SEO and will take another look at Yoast.

I'm all ears for hosting ideas and very interested in a recommendation for image 'smoosher'! I've been with 1and1 since the beginning but have dabbled in all the other companies over the years only to come back to these guys. They're not perfect but I had some absurd issues with various other hosts that nearly killed my freelance career as a developer. Not so hot when working on a contract and they all of a sudden lose the main domain!!!

As counterpoint, I hate Wordpress and used to hand code sites and CMS systems but WP is so much more efficient and improving every year...yeah, it's a 'When I was your age' story for sure. Told you I was getting old! When it evolved from just a Blog platform it really started to change the scene for better and worse. I do absolutely love not having to code different sites for different browsers though and all the damn phone screens! Responsive themes is a HUGE thing. And when IE6 officially died, I did a dance of joy as I could then drop support on all the sites I was managing. The good ol' days haha!

Man, my first site was built in Frontpage back in 2004ish? That was ridiculous software. If you've never tried it then I recommend you still don't; just forget I even mentioned it...never existed. I taught myself as I went so there were many mistakes made on my behalf but the program sure did like to add extra code when laying things down. The site was up fairly fast and looked cool(ish) but updating things was impossible. Moved to Flash for a few years and that was fun! but then it was murdered by Jobs and all fun was lost and I had to learn PHP for the true power.

I haven't done a major development aside from my own sites for a few years now so have really quit paying much attention to the latest trends and techniques. It used to eat up most of my days researching and keeping on top of the latest and greatest.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I watched as many vids as I could find on the Chicago 68s and think they will be perfect for the all mahogany Custom we discussed. As soon as the guitar is here, and I see it's in one piece I will be ordering. Thanks for the sale!

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to all who partook in the sale; I'll be playing a bit of catchup but will update the orders in the website software with tracking as they go out as well as emails for follow up.