What year is this Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine white?

icy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am puzzled by the serial number for customs, I am presuming this is a 1993, hoping someone in the know can confirm this. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Goldtopper

Reaction score
I don't see which one category this particular guitar falls under though?
It appears to be a '93 to me?

What's the question?

Gibson Custom Shop didn't start doing the Customs until the Aughts. So you should be good with the typical serial number layout.

icy

Reaction score
It appears to be a '93 to me?

What's the question?

Gibson Custom Shop didn't start doing the Customs until the Aughts. So you should be good with the typical serial number layout.
Thanks for the backup, the questions is in the thread title, I was wondering if there's something wrong with my serial since it does not start with CS.

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the backup, the questions is in the thread title, I was wondering if there's something wrong with my serial since it does not start with CS.

Yup... it would be another ten years before these become CS guitars.... till then they used the typical USA regular production serial format. Nice Custom by the way.

:cheers:

Last edited:

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
They weren't being made in the custom shop at that time. A regular production number is appropriate for 1993.

Goldtopper

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am puzzled by the serial number for customs, I am presuming this is a 1993, hoping someone in the know can confirm this. Thanks in advance :)
Well, now that you've solved the mystery, can I just say "congratulations!'?

In my humble estimation, a White LPC is tied for first place with a 3PU Black Beauty as the coolest Les Paul Ever Made.

Well, at least for Les Pauls with humbuckers! :hmm:

How are you digging your new Custom? I have an '86 in White. Love it.

Injector

Reaction score
Well, now that you've solved the mystery, can I just say "congratulations!'?

In my humble estimation, a White LPC is tied for first place with a 3PU Black Beauty as the coolest Les Paul Ever Made.

Well, at least for Les Pauls with humbuckers! :hmm:

How are you digging your new Custom? I have an '86 in White. Love it.
Nah, 3 p/u LPs are ugly maaaan.
White Customs are right up there though, tied with maybe a lemonburst R8.

Latest Threads