What would it take for you to start selling your Les Pauls?

Steven

Reaction score
A kick in the head by a horse, or perhaps getting hit on the head by a meteor.
(no conceivable reason I would sell any of my somewhat costly guitars, I buy those to keep.)

Epi rocks

Reaction score
I would never sell my LPs. It's taken way too many years since I've been able to afford a Gibby again. I have a few now. All bought over the span of 9 years. All are great players with no issues whatsoever.

2014-11-061452282_zps78c64663.jpg

i628_zps14b7eae0.jpg

Too hard to come by to be selling them off. I've sold some top notch gear in the past with the thought that they could easily be replaced. To my sorrow, they were not.
I won't be doing that again.

Cheers

Deej

Reaction score
I currently own 8 LPs. I've only ever sold 2 LPs, or a total of 3 Gibson branded guitars at that... one was a 50s Tribute Goldtop, which I sold for a 60s tribute goldtop. The other was a really nice LPJ I had in high school, and sold it shortly thereafter (and forever regretted it as I got older).

I've tried (and still own most) a few other Gibsons - 2 SGs, a Nighthawk, and a Firebird Tribute (sold this one - to help fund a new LP). Still play the LPs and those others that I still have sit in cases most days of the year.

Been through a few other brands over the years... Fender, Peavey, Ibanez, to name some of those I liked more than others, but ended up selling them off inevitably.

Story: My first wife once asked me about selling my Gibby's... I told her she'd go before they did (mostly in jest at the time)... Notice I said my first wife... I still have the guitars. :p

So it would take a dehibilitating hand disease to make me get rid of them, and then even I'd probably give the vintage ones to my kids and nephew as heirlooms or something.

DJ

Kezia

Reaction score
At one point my entire stable was nothing but Les Pauls, weird to think about. Now it's mostly fenders. Once I got the Greco SG I didn't feel a need for the Les Paul anymore

raunch

Reaction score
financial or health hardships. For a good cause, I would sell them.

I also think Les Paul are not as popular as they once were (revival during late 80s and 90s was a peak). So maybe one day I'll get sick of the look and the weight and sell them, who know. Love people, use objects, you know?

But right now, they play and sound great. They still look fresh and classic to me. Kinda like a Harley or Coca-Cola you never really get sick of it.

Do I like the current price policy? No, I'd never buy a new one.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
I've already been through financial hardships the last year. I was almkst made homeless twice, through no fault of my own and also had crippling bills late last year. All my gear has gone, except for my Les Paul Standard Faded. I've always said it, but it wil not be going anywhere.

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I really, really like my Special. It feels perfect in my hands. I have been 'awed' by the tones I can get out of it. It was with me when I played the biggest crowd I will ever likely play to. That said, I don't think it's 'magic' or anything. Just another well-crafted instrument. If a silly offer were up where I could replace it with something else equally good but half the price, I might go for it. I could likely get two quality guitars for it (two GAS items could be had, a MIM Telecaster and a Schecter S-1 :dude:).

GIT347S-1Custom-630-80.jpg

Latest Threads