What would happen if.....

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
a fig Newton was exactly how I described it.

I didn't smash it with the brick in my hand, I threw the brick down on it at my feet , on a concrete sidewalk. The brick essentially disintegrated, there was a bright flash, and the loudest noise I had ever heard.

and bits of clay shrapnel.

Freaking miracle I wasn't seriously hurt
I read

I laugh

Then I go to YouTube to hopefully find a video of someone doing this

:laugh2:

Walt_T

Reaction score
High school graduation parties 1975. We had a rolling kegger in a pickup truck. We visited all the parties we knew about, while drinking all the way. Six of us in the truck, three in front three in the back. I had my knees against the tailgate pissing off the back of the truck. We hit a bump and I was going over. My friend Bill grabbed my belt and pulled me back. Wish I had a video of that.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
YouTube probably takes away a lot of experiences a young person might have had.

Why.... back when we were kids, if we wanted to know "what would happen if {insert stupid act here}", we'd have to go find someone dumb or brave enough to try it.

Now, just put it in YouTube. Someone's probably done it, and someone uploaded a video of it.
Kind of goes along with, "well, I didn't see that coming".

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Other than that I spent time on a cow farm and our daily fun was bull baiting. You throw rocks at the bull until you piss him off enough that he chases you. You just need to be faster to the fence you need to jump over than the bull. And know what time the electricity in the fence kicks on.
Roosters are fun too.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
YouTube probably takes away a lot of experiences a young person might have had.

Why.... back when we were kids, if we wanted to know "what would happen if {insert stupid act here}", we'd have to go find someone dumb or brave enough to try it.

Now, just put it in YouTube. Someone's probably done it, and someone uploaded a video of it.
You know what the worst is in this world of "everything has been done and it's on video" ?
Sex Education.

I'm not even joking.
When we were young, we would "experiment", try to get further but not too fast.
We would gauge each other (I mean a girl and I lol) as to how far we would/could go.
There was no "Catalog of sexual acts to perform" as there seems to be today.
Because now kids have seen threesomes, foursomes, horses, double penetration
and anal even before they've kissed anyone.
And that is fucked up. These kids are robbed of their innocence and evolution.
Sad.

:confused:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
a fig Newton was exactly how I described it.

I didn't smash it with the brick in my hand, I threw the brick down on it at my feet , on a concrete sidewalk. The brick essentially disintegrated, there was a bright flash, and the loudest noise I had ever heard.

and bits of clay shrapnel.

Freaking miracle I wasn't seriously hurt
You could have ended up like an exploded... squash?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but since there is no end to the amount of videos of young people doing stupid shit, doesn't that kind of mean young people are still doing just as much stupid shit as ever? Now they just record it and post it for everyone to see.
Good point.
Darwin is a powerful force of nature.
"Ya, that was a major fail, but look what he did wrong... I can fix that and make this work... hold my beer!"

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
The perforated red paper rolls of 50(?)? I clearly remember trying that. Either it was uneventful, or so traumatic I cannot remember the outcome. I'd go with uneventful.
I had one of those little brass souvenir cannons from Historic Georgetown from my 8th grade historical tour of Washington DC.
I cut out a bunch of caps and shoved them into the barrel.
I used the brass rod that came with the cannon as a tamper.

You don't always need a spark to ignite a stack of caps

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I had one of those little brass souvenir cannons from Historic Georgetown from my 8th grade historical tour of Washington DC.
I cut out a bunch of caps and shoved them into the barrel.
I used the brass rod that came with the cannon as a tamper.

You don't always need a spark to ignite a stack of caps
8th grade was my peak of doing stupid things iirc.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Had to look that one up. A Fig Newton sized firecracker?

About the size of a fig newton cookie, the railroad "torpedo" was used on the CN&L (Columbia, Newberry & Laurens) railroad (later Atlantic Coast Line, Seaboard Coast Line and now CSX) and most all railroads as a signaling device to alert the train crew that a work crew was working on the track ahead or that there was some danger ahead.. Prior to working on the track, work crews strapped the torpedos to the rail using the soft, lead straps. This device was strapped to the rail about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the work crew. They would be placed in a pattern so that when the oncoming train ran over the torpedos, the train crew would hear a bam...then bam, bam, or some pattern like that to alert them to the work crew ahead. The bang was so loud, that the work crew could hear it, too, alerting them to a train approaching. Once the track work was done for the day, the track crew removed the torpedo(s) prior to leaving the work site. Though only a "noisemaker" to a train crew, it could be dangerous to a person if handled improperly. The railway torpedo was made by the Standard Railway Fusee Corp. in Easton, MD.
we used to snag the torpedoes (and fusees) out of locomotives when I was a kid. Pop three torpedoes on the track about 20 feet apart and the wait for the train.
As soon as the locomotive hits them you really get to see a show.

cjpeck

Reaction score
By the way.... this thread was inspired when I was doing some dry-fire practice, and thought... “what would happen I’d I shot my above-ground pool?”.

Sure enough, YouTube has the answer.

link?

• Haha
Reactions: Who

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
High school graduation parties 1975. We had a rolling kegger in a pickup truck. We visited all the parties we knew about, while drinking all the way. Six of us in the truck, three in front three in the back. I had my knees against the tailgate pissing off the back of the truck. We hit a bump and I was going over. My friend Bill grabbed my belt and pulled me back. Wish I had a video of that.
Trust me on this one.
Don't piss out of the back of a pickup truck with a shell....

PapaSquash

Reaction score
You could have ended up like an exploded... squash?
No shit. I was about 15 and had no idea what it was - only that it went bang when run over by a train. Didn't have the paper label like the picture upthread. We didn't have an internet to look shit up back then.

Just "what would happen if"

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was probably 6 or 7.
At the beach.
Saw a white bowl with purple/black markings... thought somebody lost a bowl.
Swam out to get it.
It looked "funny" so I poked the center to be sure what it was.
It wasn't what I thought it was.
I backed slowly away and went back to shore.
I noticed that there were more out there... not long after, a bunch of kids came screaming out of the water with red marks all over their legs.
Got really lucky.