what would be a modern boutique PAF quality clone pickup that's similar to a 57 classic type of sound?

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
just bought a new epiphone es 335 wine red inspired by Gibson today that I got from guitar center that I got for a great price that plays amazing out the box. It sound good as is and I really don't need to upgrade it BUT I WANT TO *for anybody telling to leave it alone I still will upgrade it lol*

So I'm looking for a 57 classic type of pickup. warm but also bright and chirpy. Very tele ish clarity and twang. Boutique stuff only none of the Gibson or guitar center *Seymour Duncan etc etc* type pickups. All suggested all welcomed thanks guys.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
At the risk of being "that guy", why not just get a '57 classic. Cheaper and there's millions of them out there.

Because 57 classics are very hit or miss lol. Even the good ones are exactly that.... just good but not great sounding. Good nothing special kinda one dimensional and not much dynamics. If not that they're bright and muddy at the same time which is a feat within itself lol. That's why I asked for BOUTIQUE QUALITY stuff lol

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
At the risk of being "that guy", why not just get a '57 classic. Cheaper and there's millions of them out there.

I'm not so much worried about the price of a pickup set as long as they're great. You can always save up your money to get what you want you don't gotta buy immediately. Pickups aren't like seasonal sales or buying on reverb or eBay the price will be there when you get ready to buy lol.

Deviljho

Reaction score
I mean...just get the 57/+/Super and magnet swap your way to the sound you’re looking for? A lot of what you’re looking for is already there.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I mean...just get the 57/+/Super and magnet swap your way to the sound you’re looking for? A lot of what you’re looking for is already there.

No it isn't what I'm already looking for lol.... one 57 Classics are potted n the magnet is not suited to that wind.. it's suited to the wind it came with. I've only reiterated in the initial post i don't want a Gibson 57 classic lol.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to ask your question a different way.

AJK1

Reaction score
just bought a new epiphone es 335 wine red inspired by Gibson today that I got from guitar center that I got for a great price that plays amazing out the box. It sound good as is and I really don't need to upgrade it BUT I WANT TO *for anybody telling to leave it alone I still will upgrade it lol*

So I'm looking for a 57 classic type of pickup. warm but also bright and chirpy. Very tele ish clarity and twang. Boutique stuff only none of the Gibson or guitar center *Seymour Duncan etc etc* type pickups. All suggested all welcomed thanks guys.
So you’re a snob about pickups but not about guitars
Too funny

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
So you’re a snob about pickups but not about guitars
Too funny

Yup lol cause when you change the stuff it sounds just as good as the guitar snob who thinks he's great cause he spent 5000 dollars on a guitar that still needs upgrades lol

akuster777

Reaction score
the usual suspects. that said, I've tried several iterations on my epi dot and just put in some 45$ used epi probuckers that sound really good in there

rogue3

Reaction score
So many fine choices,so, just one suggestion.Duncan Seth Lover?

Latest Threads