what will fit?

redben10

Reaction score
I have a epiphone 56 reissue and the pickups are CRAP! Not because there noise though. Now i want to know will these humbuckers fit?

Dimarzio DP240 Vintage Minibucker Mini Humbucker

Seymour Duncan Sm1-N Vintage Mini Humbucker

or

Gibson IMMHT-CH Mini Humbucker

hillbilly

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The electronics are worse than the pickups...I'd suggest an RS upgrade kit to go along with the pickups you choose...

You might be able to shoe-horn them in, since the Epi's are routed for 'metric'-sized pickups...SD's, DM's & Gibson's are 'inches' measure, and might be a little big for the rout...you might have to get creative... :cool:

Mattdive

Reaction score
Is that the goldtop with the P-90s? If so, you may be stuck with trying to find better P-90s. A new wiring harness would make a huge difference in that guitar, too. I'd try the wiring, pots and caps first and see what that does to those stock pups. Then, look for some decent replacement pups. If you really want humbuckers, you may need to break out the router and then get some oversized rings.

copperheadroad

Reaction score
Mini humbuckers or firebird pickups will fit in a p-90 slot
you will need the proper mounting ring like an old les paul deluxe
Mini Humbucker P90 Soapbar Pickup Adapter Ring Kit CREAM
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
NEW - Set Of 2 Mini Humbucking Pickup Rings - CREAM | eBay
Here's a video of how to do it
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exAo2lDMYMo]Installing mini humbuckers Part 5 - YouTube[/ame]
But like hillbilly there could some size differences

Latest Threads