What was your first guitar

MrRhoads

Reaction score
My first guitar was an Aria Pro of somekind, strat kindo body with a floyd rose copy as bridge and it wen´t out of tune instantly if i touch the damn bridge :( even thoug there were a string lock at the head...
Anyway it had a purpose, i learned a few things while playing it, so it wasn´t all bad.

PowerDude

Reaction score
It was a Hondo II LP copy. a '75 model exactly like this one>
It was a pretty decent guitar.
I bought it and a Crate amp, back when they had just started and actually looked like wooden crates. :D
I saved up money for them by mowing lawns. I kept it for about 3 years, and then I traded the guitar in on a used '76 re-issued Firebird, that I wish I still had too. :(

toka_ares

Reaction score
my first real guitar was an ibanez performance acoustic my father brought home one day, before that i was playing on some cheap electric guitar my brother pawned off on me, it had 5 strings for about a year of me playing it haha, my first electric was a strat :)

Brian Butler

Reaction score
My first guitar, when I was 11, was a 1961 Cherry red Les Paul Jr. It was actually the SG style, but for 2 years or so, they called it the Les Paul Jr. One pickup. I loved it.

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My first one was a Bentley SG-style guitar I bought while I was in college (albeit very briefly!!!). What a piece of crap! I traded it for a banjo. Really.

trguitar

Reaction score
mine was a hondo les paul copy which was shit brown colour with 5 piss colourd stripes down the middle of the body. I have since heard these had dimazrio pups in them. Dont know how true that is! Got it for crimbo when i was 10.

damaged442

Reaction score
My first was the 94 Fender Duo Sonic, and I still have it. Picked it up with a hard case for $200. Replaced the bridge with a Schaller, replaced the bridge pup with a Seymour Duncan JB Trembucker. It's short scale, 20 fret, but it doesn't play or sound too bad. It's light as hell and you can beat it to death and it keeps coming back for more. I joke that you could throw this thing down a flight of stairs and it'd still be in tune. :D

IMG_2370resize.jpg IMG_2371resize.jpg

BabyDave

Reaction score
I just bought my first, a Maestro single cutaway. Now I'm waiting for it to arrive. It's one of those "All-In-One" packs. Any advice would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

Mr Insane

Reaction score
I just bought my first, a Maestro single cutaway. Now I'm waiting for it to arrive. It's one of those "All-In-One" packs. Any advice would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

Find a local music store and have them set it up for you.

Mars Hall

Reaction score
My first was a 1961 Fender Jazzmaster. It had been totally refinished, before my Dad got it. Headstock decal is missing, why they refinished the neck, I do not know. I plan on restoring it one day. I've looked, but not recently. Does anyone make repro decals for the headstock?

rofong6

Reaction score
an acoustic with peeling off rosewood looking plastic as a fb. my next was a squier mini strat i bought from a big nose weed smoker in 7th grade.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first acoustic:

An Estrada classical my mom bought off some graduating college kid for $35 in 1981. I just sold it about two weeks ago for $60 on Craigslist. :)

attachment.php

My first electric:
1982 - Mom & Dad graciously ordered this for me out of either the Sears or JC Penney catalog:

Marquis by Harmony :rolleyes:

FFTCWYUFJNELXTM.MEDIUM.jpg

(Not mine, but exactly like it).

Attachments

• cl4-1.jpg
    cl4-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 96

dork5002002

Reaction score
My first guitar was given to me right before I was going to buy one. I had wanted a guitar for about 6 to 8 years. I asked for one every christmas/birthday. Finally, right before I was going to buy one my uncle showed up with a Fender Stratacaster American Standard. I was happy and kinda mad. I had waited for so long. I didn't get alloance and had to wait till I got a job at 16 and save. Then when I was finally going to get one on my own my uncle shows up with the guitar hes had in his closet since I was 10.

Anyways, I loved the strat, and I leraned so much on it. I tend to play my jackson or gibson more often now.

googy36

Reaction score
My first guitar did not even have a name...lol It was the letter "K" with a circle around it and was a strat style...second was a les paul copy called Magnum...both would have made better firewood than guitars....Bill

i still have one of those magnum lp copys, you are right about the firewood .........my first guitar was sears strat copy, again firewood

bassbob03

Reaction score
my first guitar wasnt really mine...but i started playing on my dads 1957 les paul junior...which is pretty cool because at the time i had no idea what the guitar i was playing was worth and how good it sounded.

BrianBlessed

Reaction score
My first guitar was a cheapo 3/4 size acoustic I bought out of friday ad on my 11th birthday.

My 1st electric was an encore with a locking trem my parents bought me. It was a piece of ****, the amp was pretty good though I still use it, a Laney A3012.

Last

The Cleaner
Reaction score
1983 Fender Stratocaster Tuxedo Version

fenderstrattuxedo684471.jpg

Still got her & the Fender Super 60 Tube Amp I bought to go with it.

My how things have changed.... for the BETTER! :D

Zappa

Reaction score
First guitar was my Uncle's beat up no-name acoustic with a peace symbol sticker on it.

First electric came years later and was an Epiphone Les Paul model.

Latest Threads