What was your first guitar

single cut 54

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been asked before, but what was your first guitar and was it a dog or not? My first electric guitar was a Futurama 2.,made in Eastern Europe, I think .Not a great guitar but at least I'd eventually got one
I really wish I still owned it now.Lots of guys in England started out on Hofner
Cello type guitars but I'm sure there was a wider and better selection available in The States in the late fifties and early sixties.

dcmey

Reaction score
Mine was a Samick Silvertone acoustic. Good bang for the buck guitar. I added an LR Baggs pickup. I still have it and play when I am not playing my LP.

im_b0r3d_

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine was a used jay turser strat like guitar. It was bad, but got me playing. :)

Actually I just remembered that was my first electric.. I got my first guitar from my best friend's dad. He began teaching me guitar, and later gave me an old acoustic. I bought my electric a few months later. Then I traded the jay turser for an Epiphone Les Paul Special II within months. :)

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine was a Yamaha classical guitar from a wholesale store (Sam's Club). The action was ridiculously high...and it had major buzzing. I taught myself Stairway to Heaven on it. :)

LongBeach

Reaction score
Mine was an Epiphone T-310 Tele Copy made in Korea. still have it!

notoperational

Reaction score
I always played my step-dads vintage Hagstrom, but my parents bought me a guitar when they found out I wanted to play in a band.

My first guitar was my Epi Special II. I still own it, and mess with it every now and then.

Hexa

Reaction score
I've had aclassical guitar for 15 years or so but my firt electric is a Godin Exit-22s. I didn't want something too cheap but I couldn't afford to spend a lot money. I still use it today as my bak-up guitar. Very good quality for the money.

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Strad-o-lin acoustic, made of such cheap plywood that the plys were plywood! This was 1973, the next year I got an Epiphone bolt neck acoustic. Still crappy, but servicable.

Bill P

Reaction score
My first guitar did not even have a name...lol It was the letter "K" with a circle around it and was a strat style...second was a les paul copy called Magnum...both would have made better firewood than guitars....Bill

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my very first guitar was a F hole acoustic Harmony Cremona 1948.
got it when i was 8, was playing by 9.
When i got it, the guitar was only 13 years old! Got it in 1961.
Now the guitar is coming up on 60 years old next year!

merlsguitar0sp5.jpg

6pack595

Reaction score
My first guitar was an Infonix by JTG. Looked more like He-Mans sword than a guitar.

loneguitar

Reaction score
1st one a used Kay acoustic, had a bowed neck, was a pain when I started barre chords, but helped in the long run, built up my fingers and wrist, and when I got a good one in 67 my fingers flew across the neck

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1st one a used Kay acoustic, had a bowed neck, was a pain when I started barre chords, but helped in the long run, built up my fingers and wrist, and when I got a good one in 67 my fingers flew across the neck

yea like my harmony, had cable strings on it, 1/4 off the
neck or more, and the neck was fat, yea built up the muscles
when i got a real guitar it was like playing butter!
all kids shouls start on a fat necked thick string guitar!!

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mine was a 2500-peso (50 USD :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) Maestro acoustic guitar :D i remember getting it that day :rolleyes: (i was 12 i think) brought it home and just kept strumming it open thinkin' i was makin' music :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gotta start somewhere i guess :p

ended up giving it to a friend at church whom i taught guitar and he couldn't really afford one himself :thumb:

:hippie:

83vintagetobacco

Reaction score
My First guht I was playitar was a Univox Les paul copy I put Dimarzio p/u"s and I thought I was playing a Gibson

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
mine was a epiphone strat copy... i still have it acutally. im in the process of putting it back together. i had it painted a metallic blue, im also putting a set of fender lace sensor pickups i had laying around.

JPizzzle

Reaction score
My first guitar was a black electric called the terminator and it had a built in speaker lol.

Latest Threads