What vegetable are we hating on this week?

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love vegetables, and I hate ice cream and cake. Mommy says I should eat stuff I hate and give up what I love now and then.

So I'm going to eat lots of ice cream and cake and see if I like it.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
I dunno man, I used to be really fussy when I was younger, but nowadays I seem to be able to eat any veggies. I love the aforementioned Asparagus (but obviously not the sulfur pee), and more recently Brussels Sprouts. Spinach too, I eat that raw by the handful. And Mushrooms, I love raw mushrooms.

I struggle to think of a vegetable I dislike, though Kale seems to get a lot of hate, but yet to try that. Yet to try Aubergine too.

dave b

Reaction score
I love most beans, BUT.......Green and yellow wax beans....seriously? That's not even food.....and I like most veggies. Awful stuff.
Can I add okra too? I don't know what is. I've never seen it, smelled it, tasted it, and I may never have even heard of it before I came here, but hatin' on it seems to be a thing , so.......:rofl:

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wax beans are good in a 3 bean salad with white vinegar, sugar, and oil.

1652726635374.png

six-string

Reaction score
well the vegetables i'm hating on lately are the ones i see on my TV running for election this time of year. now i'm not naming names but i swear they crawled out of the mud and into the daylight.
they need to be peeled, boiled, mashed and baked and then recycled with the rest of the compost as far as i'm concerned!

btw i love asparagus. brussell sprouts, broccoli, even the dreaded cauliflower.
only veggies i'm not too keen on are turnips, parsnips stuff like that.

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but fuck red onions. They take over anything they are added to. Onions in my salad? I might as well eat a bowl of onions since that's all I'll taste. Onions on a burger? Tastes like onion buns slathered in onion sauce with an onion patty.

Grilled yellow onions are great, but raw red onions are the worst.

pnuggett

Reaction score
It's National BBQ day and all we're talkin' about is friggin' vegetables. Gay!!!

Monday is National Barbecue (and BBQ) Day!​

Each year on May 16 we celebrate National Barbecue Day in the United States. Whether you grill at home or grab some takeout, you will find Americans across the country enjoying an assortment of mouthwatering barbeque (BBQ) flavors and sauces.

Fun Facts:

• The longest barbecue ever held was hosted in Georgia, and lasted up to 80 hours.
  • Around 85% of people prefer grilling burgers at barbecues as their favorite grilling food.
  • The largest barbecue in Mexico had over 45,000 attendees.
  • In the state of Alabama, BBQ is available at 8.27% of restaurants.
  • According to accounts, the word barbecue comes from the Caribbean, first appearing in print in a Spanish explorer’s account of a West Indies tribe called the Taino in 1526 whose word for grilling on a raised wooden grate was “barbacoa.”

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with asparagus.

It'll be fine for a decade or so and then no-way-Jose
will I eat asparagus for another decade.

It probably has to do with aliens.

LOVE brussle sprouts, especially when roasted. Yummy.

Here is a web site by a band celebrating (yes) the brussel sprout
The Brussel Sprout song

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m a fan of all the veggies mentioned in this thread EXCEPT kale and taro.

Cauliflower. Yep. Asparagus. Yep. Sprouts. Yep. Cabbage. Yep. Eggplant. Yep. Parsnip. Yep. Turnip. Yep. Broccoli. Yep. Choko. Yep. Spinach. Absolutely. Chinese greens. Please. Okra. Yep. Red onions. Yep. Beets. Yep. Silver beet. Yep.

A big juicy piece of meat always needs a veggie accompaniment.

cheers.

GrandJunction

Reaction score
Off the top of my head - I'll take the artichoke's, carrots, cucumbers and lettuce . . . all other vegetables can become extinct.

Latest Threads