What to do when you can't find guitars to try before buying online?

Bobby Burrows

Banned
Reaction score
I've always just pulled the trigger and bought.

Last edited:

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim-
GC Does price match. In Totowa (where you said you shopped) they've given me some pretty good deals. You just have to push a bit. I was in there Sunday (yesterday) and got a good deal on an acoustic amp, and heard some guy getting 10% off a used acoustic. They usually don't discount used.
That beautiful 2017 standard is still there....
and fwiw....If I find something that speaks to me off the wall, I take it. I'm a believer that every guitar is different.

Reaction score
OP: From what I've learned it's mainly about the neck and weight with an LP. In a lot of other ways it's ... just an LP otherwise. You could slice and dice Customs, Historics, Standards, Studios, etc., etc., but when the weight and neck is spot on you've got your winner. Know the neck numbers. Mine is like a .83 1st and .96 12th. For me I know if it strays far from this it could mean poopoo.

Tim Bridge

Reaction score
Well guys, the one from reverb Finally... Arrived, after tons and tons of shipping troubles... She didn't make it easy for me to get her. But in the few hours I got to meet her yesterday evening, it seems worth the wait! I'm super excited to really get to know her, unfortunately I'm currently on my way to Seattle for business until Friday ....

Now, I just need to return the GC one (I wanted to A/B them).

FedEx story time and pictures forthcoming. The former sooner than the latter.

Thanks again to all who've lead me, advised me, and guided me. I think I've found the one (or the first, at least )

Latest Threads