What song says "Gibson" to you?

Luboy

Reaction score
great ac/dc song, but it's actually one of theirs that's easier to imagine on a non-gibson (say a tele).

prs97

Reaction score
The first Gov't Mule album.

After hearing that album, I got a Les Paul as soon as I got enough money in my pocket.

MiniB

Reaction score
great ac/dc song, but it's actually one of theirs that's easier to imagine on a non-gibson (say a tele).
I dunno man, that tone of Angus' there is as Gibson as it gets.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
The first person who inspired me to play one was Mike Bloomfield listening to super sessions. From there all the great 60s and 70s r&b & funk guitarist used Gibsons usually hollowbody es 175s byrdlands and other jazz boxes. Ppl like Jimmy nolan or teenie Hodges, leo nocentelli, mel brown and Wayne Bennett behind Bobby blue bland.

MiniB

Reaction score
Obviously anything BB King is quintessential......but gotta say, Jerry gets pretty close here on his Tele.....

greg-delta

Reaction score
IDK if I can boil it down to songs, but albums....Physical Graffiti, Beano and Hard Road

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Learning to play I was of course, aware of Les Pauls. It wasn't until I heard Led Zep that they pricked my attention, but (as uncool as it might seem to some) this song, this guy sold me on them:
:slash:

Last edited:
Reactions: HJR

El Pablo

Reaction score
The entire Love at First Stung Album by The Scorpions.

Latest Threads