what should I do?

marantz1300

Reaction score
At the moment I have three guitars.
A 1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom. It's staying for ever.
A MIJ Fender Telecaster 62 RI with Bare Knuckles Brown Sugars that my wife bought for my birthday a few years ago.It's also the only new guitar I've owned and its also a keeper.
A black 78 Fender Telecaster. I was told its ex Pete Doherty and I like some of the Libertines stuff..It's well worn and plays /sounds great.It's lighter then my 62 Ri too.At the moment it has Bare Knuckle's Flat 50's ,but I have the original pickups.I play it a lot and love every thing about it

So I have two Tele's and wonder if I should trade this one for something different. A Strat, SG ,something with P90's or something else?Amp?
What do you think?

Phildog

Reaction score
First off, that's one gorgeous Tele.

But I would only consider a trade if there's a particular need that you have. Unless, you just don't want it anymore. You don't need me to tell you this, but if it's a sound thing, you can always change the pups and see where that leaves you. But I will say that a Strat is a very versatile tool to have. It can certainly do a lot. But once again...only if there's a specific need you have to fill. Otherwise, that one's a keeper too. :)

jc2000

Reaction score
It depends, what are you looking to get?

G Man

Reaction score
Keep what you have and if you have a want for something else start saving your $$ and get that as well. No need to get rid of a perfectly good guitar that you like.

michaelinokc

Reaction score
You have three guitars you love. You shouldn't be thinking about getting rid of any of them in exchange for one you may not bond with. Save up and get an SG or a Strat.

kboman

Reaction score
What everyone says - why sell a guitar when you can just buy more?!

Latest Threads