What? Murphy Burst Japan Limited 2013 "Green Lemon"

Red&Die

Reaction score
50 made for Japan only...

Gibson ?????!?Historic Collection 1959 Les Paul Standard Murphy Burst Japan Limited 2013?????J????????Gibson?

productphoto_52b10dec-120c-44.jpg

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made IN Japan or For Japan only?

goldtop0

Reaction score
Too expensive for me.
But seeing that pic of one of the Japanese boys holding a body.......wouldn't it be great to pick your own bits out and have 'em put together by the CS.

Pretty sure they'd be made in the USA and sent to Japan.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
interesting how the green effect is achieved by Tom M. tought he did it the vintage way.

Rodmac

Reaction score
The trusty old Dremel :)

Nice Guitar

bigsnaketex

Reaction score
$6751 with today's exchange rate - that's a little rich for my blood!

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
interesting how the green effect is achieved by Tom M. tought he did it the vintage way.

What would that be Nico? Let it be played for 50 years, use the exact right dye formula with the correct nitro?

They have deadlines ya know???:laugh2:

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
What would that be Nico? Let it be played for 50 years, use the exact right dye formula with the correct nitro?

They have deadlines ya know???:laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2:

No not like that, but to use the correct bourbon color and fade it to the green that forms from the blue added in the formula.

But yes, spraying green is a lot faster for dead lines, i just thought he did it the other way, not the easy way if you know what i mean. :thumb:

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
$6751 with today's exchange rate - that's a little rich for my blood!

That includes 5% Japanese sales tax. Take away sales tax and the price is about $6440. The 20th Anniversary 1959 Reissue has a USA MAP of $7500 and this is pretty much in the same vein for the Japanese market.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
He wanted to do the same color as the one's here, or a washed cherry of some kind, but the dealers there did not want that. Apparently, the DL is what sells over there, so after much arm twisting, he caved and did them in DL.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2:

No not like that, but to use the correct bourbon color and fade it to the green that forms from the blue added in the formula.

But yes, spraying green is a lot faster for dead lines, i just thought he did it the other way, not the easy way if you know what i mean. :thumb:

Nico, yes the way they're doing it is the faster way, for sure, but I'm not so sure that the way they're doing it is the "easy way", as you say. To get a convincing vintage-looking green burst, it's extremely difficult using modern color-fast dyes. In fact, I'm not sure that anyone has really been able to achieve that look convincingly yet (again, using color-fast dyes versus the aniline dye fade-back method).

Frank

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wanted to do the same color as the one's here, or a washed cherry of some kind, but the dealers there did not want that. Apparently, the DL is what sells over there, so after much arm twisting, he caved and did them in DL.

That sounds reasonable and like the right move to sell them over there, because if the customers wants it......

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Nico, yes the way they're doing it is the faster way, for sure, but I'm not so sure that the way they're doing it is the "easy way", as you say. To get a convincing vintage-looking green burst, it's extremely difficult using modern color-fast dyes. In fact, I'm not sure that anyone has really been able to achieve that look convincingly yet (again, using color-fast dyes versus the aniline dye fade-back method).

Frank

Thanks Frank! Yeah by easy i was thinking faster.. :D

joff

Reaction score
That looks great to me...i like! :cool:

Funkadelic

Reaction score
I agree with Joff, it looks fabulous. Super top too, we'd be surprised if the right lighting was applied, I'm sure it's in the "monster" league... Red&Die, maybe here's the top you were expecting from this run??

Red&Die

Reaction score
I agree with Joff, it looks fabulous. Super top too, we'd be surprised if the right lighting was applied, I'm sure it's in the "monster" league... Red&Die, maybe here's the top you were expecting from this run??

Yes, and the color too...it's more close to my 94's Murphy Painted.

Latest Threads