What movie has the best soundtrack?

Jungle

Reaction score
xv6v2kvfb9akavcmfwfpf8azoaq-181.jpg

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
Once Upon a Time in the West. Not only a great Western, but one of the few soundtracks that can be called a Magnum Opus.

This guitar rendition of the theme song is ethereal, with heartfelt pathos befitting Ennio Morricone's score.

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ever notice there's no music at all in No Country For Old Men? And it totally fit the tone of the movie to not have any

It was awesome.

dro

Reaction score
Our band would learn movie theme songs back in the 80's. I think the first was Against All Odds
Others were The Heat Is On, The Power Of Love, Did quite a bit of Huey Lewis. Breakdown (Bob Seger)
When The Going Get's Tough, when Doves Cry, Eye Of The Tiger, Living In America, Ghostbusters.
I'm sure there were more. Those are just ones I can remember. And there's allot about the 80's I don't remember.
I know the question was about the best. But, what is the best anyway?

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all talkin' through yer rectums!

Only one: Bugsy Malone. Paul Williams on unbeatable form for every track. A masterpiece in musical writing!

:dude:
I wondered why I have more gas than usual...thanks John for
putting it all in perspective.
:slap: <you are the one on the left John<

brianbzed

Reaction score
Discounting concert movies, musicals, and operas?

The answer is Cruella. Seriously. I’m watching the movie right now. Impressive.

View attachment 569326

Disney movie.

Sabbath
Bowie
Stones
Supertramp
The Doors
Queen
Clash
Iggy
Tina (doing Zeppelin)(which kicks ass)
Deep Purple

more....

Not at all what I expected from a “kid’s” movie.
While I didn't care much for the movie ( don't like Tom Hanks ), Forrest Gump had an excellent soundtrack....FWIW

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
for using music from other contemporary artists, pretty much anything Tarantino does is good. He really selects the music well for the movie, even when the movie is meh (such as Once Upon a Time in Hollywood)

For orchestral scores written for film, I'd have to say Basil Poledouris' score for Conan is one of the best. it's still a travesty it wasn't nominated for best score, it really lended itself well to the film and was almost another character.

And if you go there, you gotta go with Ennio Morricone and his spaghetti western soundtracks....

Latest Threads