What model and is it an original?

The_Wretched

Reaction score
i'm gonna go with fake on that one.

looks like a faded tabaccoburst standard tho.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but it looks good to me.

hapsall

Reaction score
Sry for one more Q.. is this a weight reliefed Gibson? owner say's its heavy..

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
how do u see its original? and thx all..

I can tell because I've been doing this for a long time and I know what I'm looking at. :laugh2: Faded Tobacco has never been offered on a USA factory Standard. It's a Historic reissue color only.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Honey was sprayed a bit darker from '02 until recently... There are always variations in burst shades.

It looks like it could be Iced Tea, but I don't think that was an option in '04.

It is definitely not Tobacco in any way.

--Edit-- It seems Iced Tea WAS an option in '04 for USA Standards.. Done in teardrop rather than rim. It actually looks more Iced tea than Honey, so there ya go.

RRhoads

Reaction score
First thing I always look at when I look to determine if it is fake or not is the truss rod cover. Then I look to see if it has fret binding.

Most fakes I have seen have no spacing between the nut and the cover. This one has a space between the nut and the TRC, and it also has fret binding.

By no means an expert in the fake spotting game, but I feel I've learned a lot in the time I've lurked on these boards. :)

loucamaro91

Reaction score
Looks pretty darn real to me..
I always test myself by not reading the other posts before I look at the pictures.
Such excitement!

Big Red

Reaction score

Why guess if you don't know, you're wrong on both counts and it just confuses the OP? Boles has called it as well as you can from the photos.

Don't take it personally, it's not you Wretched it's me I'm just a bit wired tonight. But too many people take guesses with squat to back them up and it could be enough to make someone pass on a good deal, or pick up a piece of junk, if they're not stopped in time.

Rant over, nice one Boles.

Iceman0124

Reaction score

If you gonna call fake...you should ALWAYS spell out why you think its fake....just saying fake is useless unless someone has alreay pointed out why beforehand...which in this case didnt happen.

Latest Threads