What Les Paul has a .92-1.02 Neck and 6125 Frets ?

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
The frets on the Early LPs were Vintage Small Frets, ( 6125 ) and some Fat Necks, and that started changing in Mid 59.

Does Gibson make any LPs with Vintage Frets, and a Fat .92-1.02 neck ?

Im also pretty sire the LP Custom kept the small frets.

ARandall

Reaction score
I doubt it. The reissues don't even get the logo in the right place for each year let alone doing differing fret sizes.

Have you tried that fret size already.....is it something you can play??

Sometimes I find the obsession with accurate vintage becomes an 'obsession without brains'. Where people want the accuracy but at the price of having something you don't like to play.

JMB1984

Reaction score
You can find historics with that neck size considering that the current target specifications are 1st fret .9000 to 12th fret 1.0000. However, the necks vary from guitar to guitar even when they are the same model so you would need to shop from dealers who measure the necks.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
I had a LP copy made with a .92 x 1.02 and small vintage frets.

1 of the main reasons I didn't buy a Gibson, is because I couldnt find these specs. Bigger/wider frets are a no go for me. Cant stand them.

I also told the guys that made my guitar that the wide frets are a No Go and I wouldn't buy the guitar if it didnt have vintage frets, but they were ok with it as the earlier guitars did have the small frets. + they said they would put any frets I wanted in it.

I wonder if any of the Collectors Choice have small frets and fat necks.

Ive been a Strat/Tele guy since 71, and don't get along well with Gibson frets. But I love the sound.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the Collectors Choice have small frets and fat necks
I don't think any of the Historics (including CC's) are going to give you the early '50s to mid-'58 small frets. They're pretty much all the same I think.

Latest Threads