What knobs for a white custom?

Which knobs for a white (starting to yellow) Custom?

• Black bell knobs

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Black bell knobs with reflectors

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Black speed knobs

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Just keep the witch-hats

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other (please elaborate!)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

kakerlak

Reaction score
I have an Edwards custom arriving tomorrow and have never been a fan of witch-hats, which it has now. I'm leaning towards black bell knobs, but also really like reflector-top bell knobs. I like speed knobs okay, too and, to be honest, if it had speed knobs in the first place, I'd probably just leave them. Also plan on throwing some pointers on it.

I've seen white customs with gold knobs, but don't like the look as well. What do you guys think?

Figured this site needs another inane poll, so....

smk506

Reaction score
Personally I think the witch hats look great on a custom. Second favorite is a tie between black reflectors and gold speed knobs.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Personally I think the witch hats look great on a custom. Second favorite is a tie between black reflectors and gold speed knobs.
I've just always felt like they belonged on a Fender amp, not a Gibson guitar.

smk506

Reaction score
I hadn’t quite thought about it like that, but yeah I can see it :thumb: .

MSB

Reaction score
I've just always felt like they belonged on a Fender amp, not a Gibson guitar.
lol, I've never owned a Fender amp so I didn't get the association until it was too late for me. I put witch hats on everything, to me, they're basically perfection in a knob. As as added bonus, most don't like them, so there's little chance any of my guitars will get mistaken for someone else's.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Black with gold reflectors. That's what I put on mine. Philly Luthier has them.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Black with gold reflectors. That's what I put on mine. Philly Luthier has them.
Yeah, already have a cart going there, lol. Although I must confess it's got bell knobs in it right now, rather than reflectors. I think I have an incomplete set of chrome metric reflectors lying around. Probably throw one on and stare at it, decide what to order...

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yeah, already have a cart going there, lol. Although I must confess it's got bell knobs in it right now, rather than reflectors. I think I have an incomplete set of chrome metric reflectors lying around. Probably throw one on and stare at it, decide what to order...
When I'm undecided I start just setting knobs on the top from my bag of orphaned knobs and stare at them.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Haha, I've done the same thing. White strat knobs it is!
Yep. Sometimes I'm not sure if I want amber or gold or gold with reflectors and I do that. Luckily I'm partial to top hats and reflectors so at least for my own guitars I don't have to worry if I want speed knobs.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
I sure like them on mine!!
Yes, BUT ... your guitar has much more of a modern look with the EMGs and black hardware. That being said, I am not disparaging your guitar at all. It looks absolutely awesome. I bet Gibson would have some good success selling that as a limited run just like you got it. Really well done, sir.

smk506

Reaction score
Come to think of it, my melody make has strat knobs too, not white but still...

B7D8E898-556C-4330-B79A-36218E619748.jpeg

Latest Threads