What is your favourite Motorhead song, and why?

Brek

Reaction score
Overkill for me. My one rock n roll story is my roommate was a media studies undergrad at what is now UCL, he focused on music industry journalism. So got to blag loads of free gigs and access backstage. He managed to speak to lots of industry types and got on guest list for a band called zodiac mindwarp and the love reaction, it was a showcase iirc, so anyways, I tagged along, we got back stage after gig, crashed the after show, and who was backstage? Non other than Lemmy, so I got to spliff and drink with the legend. Really cool guy, no industry ‘I’m a big deal’ at all from him. Got absolutely trollied that night.

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
Unfortunately the only song I really know is Ace of Spades. So that one. I've heard others and Motorhead does sit much better with me than other bands of that era and genre. I much prefer them to Judas Priest and others. I'm 41, so they weren't ever really on my radar. I grew up with my dad's influence being The Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Grateful Dead, etc. The Black Crowes and grunge rock dominated popular listening for my teens. I went the jam band listening route in high school and college. I've also been deeply emersed in blues, jazz, and bluegrass since an early age. Now Hawkwind I've listened to quite extensively. I must say though, Motorhead kicked ass, I'm just sort of ignorant to it.

Last edited:

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until I joined this forum I had never heard of them..

NHDave

Reaction score
Hard to say. Underneath the noise he really could write a catchy tune. Killed by death, rock n roll. Dr rock. I got mine. Ramones might be my favorite. What a sweet tribute from I guy that on the surface you wouldn’t want to fuck with They loved it so much they started doing it too.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I love Motorhead too much to know where to start. I'll go by albums. Of the old stuff, Overkill and Ace of Spades are perfect throughout. No Sleep is one of the greatest live albums ever. Middle age Motorhead, my favourite is the criminally overlooked Bastards. And for elderly Motorhead, Inferno is an incredible album, and is dedicated to John Entwistle.

RIP Lemmy

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Motorhead too much to know where to start. I'll go by albums. Of the old stuff, Overkill and Ace of Spades are perfect throughout. No Sleep is one of the greatest live albums ever. Middle age Motorhead, my favourite is the criminally overlooked Bastards. And for elderly Motorhead, Inferno is an incredible album, and is dedicated to John Entwistle.

RIP Lemmy

I've always wondered if that is Eminem at 3:30

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch is a fucking great song, great driving rhythm.

Doctor Rock is really fun and catchy.

My absolute favorite is probably I Don't Believe a Word. The lyrics really speak to me on this one, which is why they're in my sig.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Stumbled onto this one; all I knew was Ace of Spades.

I learned this one in the time it took to listen to it; and didn't even have to pick up a guitar.

Latest Threads