- Financial compensation
- Writing/Arranging
- Making videos
- Groupies
etc . . . .

I Break Things

Reaction score
[Not a professional musician]

I just like writing stuff for myself. I find it therapeutic. I'm OK at lyrics. I'm pretty good at rhythm. I love writing riffs, mostly punk rock or pop-punk stuff. If I ever had the chance to make it a career (and could get over my stage fright), that'd be pretty awesome.

meatball

Reaction score
The packing and Unpacking
The long travel
The Junk food
Unadoring fans
cheap pay
empty tip jars
buying strings
Booking
bad weather to drive in to gigs
Cord connection failures
AA Batteries not included in purchases

I wouldnt have it any other way ,, all of this beats sitting At a counter for forty hrs a week hearing customers bitch about prices, job site situations , machine breakdowns, supply chain issues, and not being able to find help.

The moment you strike that first chord , all the bad stuff goes to the wayside ….aint nothing like it ,,,,, period

wildhawk1

Reaction score
- Performing live
- Comradery with other musicians

The two above along with motivating others to take their love of music out of the house and share it with others which is something I've done with countless young and old over the years.

Despite my younger rock star dreams I'm glad I didn't chase the money. As another mentioned then it's called a job and that comes with a schedule and other people's demands which would diminish the enjoyment.

disaffected

Reaction score
The perms
The great clothes
The make up

1647783024450.png

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All the thousands and thousands of dollars I make per gig.

Hahahahahha! I keed, I keed!

Playing live for me. It’s all about playing live with other great musicians.

James R

Reaction score
I'm not a pro, I don't play to audiences, and I pretty much suck, but I still consider myself a musician because I take 6 metal wires attached to a few chunks of wood, and I make some semblance of music with them.

My favorite part of being a musician is the release it provides me.
Some guys work out in order to get out there pent up energy, but I grab a guitar and a beer and an hour or two later I find myself sweaty, happy, and in a completely different frame of mind.
it's what gets my endorphins running.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Writing songs,great songs,no filler,thus far I have written 50

Playing live and ALWAYS being the most exciting band on the bill

Recording- I have proven my talent at every recording,hit record I'm gold,plus we do live takes as a trio

Comradery? No,I play "nice" but,most locals have zero talent and vision+ they are small and petty,not,as bad as Poets,but,still worms

The ego high I get knowing that I really do have THE GOODs after being mocked and shut down by my fellow " guitarists",most who have quit and gained 50lbs.....feels good to know who the true slobs are

Also,flummoxing other musicians online who care more about the mundanities then ART....

The thing that I enjoy most is getting together with my band in a dirty garage and playing music for PAN,no money,no accolades,just knowing I have the BEST GARAGE BAND IN THE WORLD...think I'm kidding? I'm not!

Latest Threads