What is this worth

DBDM

Reaction score
I hope they all waste his time..... He sucks and his voice sounds stupid.... Just my own opinion.

Most of what he does is searched on the internet..... most of it right here.

He probably keeps pretty good files....... that's it.
I understand what you are saying and do not disagree. He is certainly not James Earl Jones, narrating National Geographic specials or being the voice of cartoons! But I think he is an interesting case study of a guy making it with little to go on. He is just a dude, who likes guitars, making a pretty good living. I respect that. His goal is to buy guitars, document them on Youtube, make his living from Youtube, and flip the guitar (usually for little to no profit). I do find myslef going back and seeing if he has some guitar that I see while surfing Reverb (most recently a Blackwater LP). Despite the fact that his voice is not silky, his grammar is ridiculous, and he is an average guitarist (and knows it)--he does give pretty good info (as you mentioned likely from here and a few other sites) and he is fairly reliably correct on most reviews. And again, I respect that "average dude" is making a living from his living room. If anything I kind of wish I had thought of it?

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying and do not disagree. He is certainly not James Earl Jones, narrating National Geographic specials or being the voice of cartoons! But I think he is an interesting case study of a guy making it with little to go on. He is just a dude, who likes guitars, making a pretty good living. I respect that. His goal is to buy guitars, document them on Youtube, make his living from Youtube, and flip the guitar (usually for little to no profit). I do find myslef going back and seeing if he has some guitar that I see while surfing Reverb (most recently a Blackwater LP). Despite the fact that his voice is not silky, his grammar is ridiculous, and he is an average guitarist (and knows it)--he does give pretty good info (as you mentioned likely from here and a few other sites) and he is fairly reliably correct on most reviews. And again, I respect that "average dude" is making a living from his living room. If anything I kind of wish I had thought of it?
If he can do it, and you don't sound like Don Knotts with a stuffed up nose, so can you!
:eek2:

DBDM

Reaction score
If he can do it, and you don't sound like Don Knotts with a stuffed up nose, so can you!
:eek2:
I sound more lile Kris Kristofferson when he first wakes up in the morning before clearing his throat. With a Southern Accent as a native Nashvillian.

Trogley sounds like he has an Iowa accent. Odd since he is from Ohio. Ohio does not usually sound like Iowa.

Last edited:

guitarvoodoo

Reaction score
The Price Guide gives no indication that there was a 3-pickup issue in 2004.
There was an ebony 3-pickup issue in 2000 ('Les Paul Classic Limited Edition') but that had a Limited Edition logo on the back of the headstock. Value approx 2,2K.
There was also an Ebony Limited Run of the regular 2-pickup Classic in 2000. Value approx 1,6K.
The mods on your guitar bring down the value somewhat regardless of which Classic edition it is.
The Rod Stewart connection means nothing economically unless you have concrete evidence.

efstop

Small amps ^^ are fun
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Price Guide gives no indication that there was a 3-pickup issue in 2004.
There was an ebony 3-pickup issue in 2000 ('Les Paul Classic Limited Edition') but that had a Limited Edition logo on the back of the headstock. Value approx 2,2K.
There was also an Ebony Limited Run of the regular 2-pickup Classic in 2000. Value approx 1,6K.
The mods on your guitar bring down the value somewhat regardless of which Classic edition it is.
The Rod Stewart connection means nothing economically unless you have concrete evidence.
Price Guides and Gibson's own catalogs don't display every single Les Paul permutation.
The Gibson site lists only ebony ES-235s, not the two different bursts and the cherry one (like I have.)

screenshot_20220602-003136_outlook-jpg.612661

Latest Threads