What is this thing?

BKS

Reaction score
Thats athe exact body, and headstock shape, except it’s a 3 knob design, 12 string, and 2 pickups. Plus it doesn’t have a trem
Just a different model. They could do different outfits. Basics are the same.

Reactions: Who

VancoD

Reaction score
I'd get a $50 First Act guitar and swap it out - it's definitely deserving of more than being a wall hanging. All those years in a pool hall - think of the "smoky tonez" waiting in there!

keys88

Reaction score
I'd love a retro 12-string like that. Not sure how well it would play after being hung on the wall as a neon sign for 20 years but it's worth checking out. Very cool.

Josh_of_CYWG

Reaction score
I'd love a retro 12-string like that. Not sure how well it would play after being hung on the wall as a neon sign for 20 years but it's worth checking out. Very cool.
Action is about an inch of the board, not exaggerating

Josh_of_CYWG

Reaction score
I'd get a $50 First Act guitar and swap it out - it's definitely deserving of more than being a wall hanging. All those years in a pool hall - think of the "smoky tonez" waiting in there!
I’m convincing my dad to replace it

Josh_of_CYWG

Reaction score
Yeah, there’s a reason why that guitar was sacrificed for wall art. Not to say that it can’t be resuscitated.
It would be an awesome guitar, I wouldn’t do a thing to it, except string it up as a lefty

Josh_of_CYWG

Reaction score
Don’t do it.

It has more value to you as the neon sign from your dad’s place than it ever will as a guitar.
True, but it’ll still be a wall hanger, whether it’s at my place or a restaurant

dasherf17

Reaction score
There is but it’s so faded, plus the headstock is covered in 20 years of dust, you can’t even read it, same with the logo in the f-hole
(...20 yrs of dust can be wiped down...'sides we can't help you answer your question without your help...)
I'm excited for you, Josh! I love a good guitar mystery!

Josh_of_CYWG

Reaction score
(...20 yrs of dust can be wiped down...'sides we can't help you answer your question without your help...)
I'm excited for you, Josh! I love a good guitar mystery!
I’m going this weekend to check it out again, and maybe take it home, when I do I’ll uncover some shit, I’m sure

dasherf17

Reaction score
I (we, I'm sure) can't wait for your discovery, Josh!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Just to add an idea here. I recall back in the 60s some music stores carried guitars that were pretty much “one-offs” as far as brand names were concerned. The brand name was no indication of which factory made them. For example I bought an electric MIJ 12 string back in 67 with a roughly Strat type body, dual single coil pups similar the the guitar in the OP, and a neck that looked like a cross section of wide plywood (the individual plies were visible on the neck back running from body to headstock). The brand name was “Sunrise”. That;s a name that I‘ve never seen on a guitar before or since. Those early MIJ guitars came here with all sorts on names on the headstocks, and I don’t think the names tell us much.

Latest Threads