What is "the" thread that every MLP'er should read, for better or for worse?

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Harmz, if you could find anything on CrazyMcLooneyBin, LP068, Onesilverburst, etc that would be awesome!

Oh I found the McLooneyBin one. Unfortunately he shares the same birthday as me :laugh2:

I'll find those links..

In the meantime, here is an informative one. Even though the famous RMC1 was known as a fraudster and whatnot, he did start a thread in the Epi section that was and still is to this day, resourceful and helpful.

It is about Dulling Poly Finished guitars.

[thread=17007]Dulling Poly Finished Guitars[/thread]

At least something good came from his unusual persona on here.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Oh so that is where that thread went to :laugh2:

Yep, some classics there Howard and Frsnk.

Can you post the link to thread please Frank?...Edit..Here it is: [thread=192860]Epi Firebird X[/thread]

Thanks for finding the link Harmz. Now it's on you. :laugh2:

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Crazy McLooney Bin :laugh2:

[thread=24567]The Epic Fail Thread[/thread]

What a guy :laugh2:

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have to post this one :laugh2:

It didn't go down too well. This was posted by our own admin Alex :shock:
I won't spoil it, you will have to read it :laugh2:

[thread=134281]MLP Acquired By Major Guitar Company[/thread]

Wow, didn't realize it was that long ago..2011

Slick

Reaction score
In the meantime, here is an informative one. Even though the famous RMC1 was known as a fraudster and whatnot, he did start a thread in the Epi section that was and still is to this day, resourceful and helpful.

It is about Dulling Poly Finished guitars.

[thread=17007]Dulling Poly Finished Guitars[/thread]

At least something good came from his unusual persona on here.

And the classic http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51669 :wave:

mdubya

Reaction score
There is an epic Slash: Derrig vs Max thread out there.

The Waldstein threads are all absolute classics.

The Dubya Bee pickup threads are classics, too.

JimmyT

Reaction score
Any of the Horros/Micky Gray ones.
He used to stop by periodically to ask us for constructive criticism on his demos, and then trash us relentlessly when he actually got some.

We can't all understand Glam, I suppose...

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There are so many it is actually hard to remember all of them. We need a stickey with a list of official epic threads :laugh2:

There was the one where they guy claimed to be a famous player, can't remember the details.

Satch's playing being to fast for a camera to record him, wich turned into a great thread of everyone else posting their playing :thumb:

In recent times it had to be all of Stoned Crows threads :laugh2:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Oh yes!
Kicked off on page 11 with Drude's post: "...I wonder where RMC is today. Has he run out of stamps? or maybe his satellite dish is full of milk and cereal...!

What is not seen in that thread is the behind-the-scenes PM discussions between Drude, Phil47, Cookie & myself about RMC1 not being in the military, and all his posts being a con.

Then Drude kicked it off with the above post and I prodded re the Official Secrets Act. Drude then sent a PM to RMC1 which he copied in to the other three Brits. When I read that PM originally I was literally in tears of laughter! Nothing like a blunt Yorkshireman to blow something wide open!

It prompted this post from RMC1: "...Apparently,i`m a C**t.Because Myself and Maria are infact,the same Person.Which i assume makes her a C**t too,and by Default,our Daughter too.Wadda ya know!,a Family of C**ts.Everyone thinks it,i am reliably informed.Thanks for that!..." This post was his last, desperate, action to try to maintain his con. Well actually, Royal Marine Commando 1, you were. Took in a lot of people, and was probably setting them up for a big financial con-trick once your non-existent wife Maria reported you killed or wounded in action.

The RMC1 episode was a sobering case of not believing all you read on an internet forum. The guy was a con man posting from somewhere in the middle of England, not a cave in Afghanistan, according to his IP address.

Take note, peoples...

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great way to wake up this morning. Thanks :)

Frogfur

Reaction score
Great idea Harm. Wish i could contribute. But great reading anyway.

Matt_21

Reaction score
There was a thread where Blind Possum Chitlin melted down too. That was a decent meltdown
Can't remember the thread though.

Latest Threads