What is price range for a nice 1993 LP Standard?

Lkdog

Reaction score
Kind of looking at trying a standard. This one caught my eye.
Looks to be in VG condition, has upgraded 50's wiring and SD 59 pickups.
I do know it is before chambering and I probably prefer the idea of swiss cheese weight relief.
I don't mind a 9 pound guitar.

Not sure what typical price is for these.
Any input is welcome.
Thanks.

judson

Reaction score
tree fiddy

happy new year....:dunno:

early 90's wood is good, studios go at $750- $1100 maybe less...

no clue on the standard, but that looks pretty clean, very nice

DylanLP

Reaction score
This photo doesn’t tell me much about the overall condition of the guitar so can’t comment on that or suggest price! I suggest you show more images for better estimation about the condition and price.

It’s a Swiss cheese weight relief. I think clambering was introduced to LPs from mid 00s.

However, in terms of modifications, i think it will be a great sounding guitar for classic rock, blues. I’m into Hard rock/metal so personally I would get myself a Standard which comes with its stock pickups 498T/490R from that era.

If you can do hands-on inspection and test it first before you decide on buying it or not is even better.

bblooz

Reaction score
Looks pretty nice, would like to see more pix. Assuming the rest of the guitar is as good condition as the top and has the original hard shell case, I'd say if you can get it for low-to-mid teens, you will be doing good. Let us know how it works out.

Lkdog

Reaction score
Looks pretty nice, would like to see more pix. Assuming the rest of the guitar is as good condition as the top and has the original hard shell case, I'd say if you can get it for low-to-mid teens, you will be doing good. Let us know how it works out.
Other pics seem to indicate it is in VG+ condition and he has OHSC.
He is asking $1950. Seems a little high to me.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that’s a gorgeous guitar...
$15-22 depending on where and who...

Reverb is the best gauge for junkies like us but a box store would throw $2499 on it and sell it around $2k..
They’d get it too...eventually

-Chris

moreles

Reaction score
I never see decent LPs for $1500. I guess I need to move. I see these for around $2K, and only rarely as low as $1800. You might get it for that, though, because there's a glut and value and prices are both falling. Depends on whether the owner needs to sell.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even wanna tell y'all's what I paid for my 1990 Standard :facepalm: (I ALWAYS overpay) but I sure did hit the jackpot with mine

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never see decent LPs for $1500. I guess I need to move. I see these for around $2K, and only rarely as low as $1800. You might get it for that, though, because there's a glut and value and prices are both falling. Depends on whether the owner needs to sell.
Me neither, Homie. Always MUCH more; yet I sold one for $1300 (2011 Standard :run:)

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Premium Member
Reaction score

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Looking a little closer at reverb you can probably push the top end of this up to 1600-$1700...

Other than the one sale in December, these just haven’t fallen off as much as some of the others…

That is all still depending… You know, $100 – $200 in either direction

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
Get a 2016-2019 brand new classic for $1999

I realize I’m a broken record but they are under $2k new and the PERFECT guitar...easy to mod the pups because they don’t have quick connect....

Truly the perfect guitar....u can turn it into a 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or 00s standard with minor mods over time...will, except u have to like slim necks...

PS: the beauty of classics is they are made to be played and modded because they have no collectors value...so who cares if u route a 3rd cavity or change everything from pots/caps to pups...
It’s the perfect no guilt guitar and they are made to exquisite quality standards....and I own a few....not a ton but enough to know that a BRAND new classic FOR $1999 is unequalled in value on planet earth

-Chris

Latest Threads