CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does a "good" camera run?

What are some examples of good ones?
500 or so for a good entry level DSLR like the Nikon 3500
Canon Rebel T7 is in the same class.
They're great cameras, but have some limitations for those wanting more flexibility, such as mechanical focus lenses, being able to get proper TTL metering for exposure when using a lens that isn't designed for the automatic systems, timers, burst modes, WiFi connectivity, etc....
For astrophotography, starscapes and such, you really need the light-gathering capacity of a full frame sensor, which in the Nikon line, jumps from the "4 digit" to the "3-digit" (D850), and adds bigtime to the cost ($1600+). Note that not all of the "3 digit" Nikons are Fx sensors... the D500 is still a Dx.

Dave's got a hookup on a gently used Nikon 3100, which will do more than he'll ever need for product photos.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
500 or so for a good entry level DSLR like the Nikon 3500
Canon Rebel T7 is in the same class.
They're great cameras, but have some limitations for those wanting more flexibility, such as mechanical focus lenses, being able to get proper TTL metering for exposure when using a lens that isn't designed for the automatic systems, timers, burst modes, WiFi connectivity, etc....
For astrophotography, starscapes and such, you really need the light-gathering capacity of a full frame sensor, which in the Nikon line, jumps from the "4 digit" to the "3-digit" (D850), and adds bigtime to the cost ($1600+). Note that not all of the "3 digit" Nikons are Fx sensors... the D500 is still a Dx.

Dave's got a hookup on a gently used Nikon 3100, which will do more than he'll ever need for product photos.
I love it.

This is the camera I need to really launch the website we plan to build, or have built. I got a really bad deal on the last one, the templates were awful. I plan to do much better this time around.

Not a big, complicated site. Just product info and showcase, a bit of bio, and lots of guitar pictures.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Reaction score
I love it.

This is the camera I need to really launch the website we plan to build, or have built. I got a really bad deal on the last one, the templates were awful. I plan to do much better this time around.

Not a big, complicated site. Just product info and showcase, a bit of bio, and lots of guitar pictures.
BAD ASS :p

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I love it.

What did you build the last one on?
What are you building the new one on?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What did you build the last one on?
What are you building the new one on?

We did Yahoo business on the first one. We got talked into it, but the templates they provided were crappy. Right in the middle of the screen, useless 3" borders on each side, would not take all my pictures..

We are checking out WIX, Go Daddy and Weebly.

These are waters I'm wading in that I am not familiar with nor accustomed to. I'm a total novice at this website stuff.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
We did Yahoo business on the first one. We got talked into it, but the templates they provided were crappy. Right in the middle of the screen, useless 3" borders on each side, would not take all my pictures..

We are checking out WIX, Go Daddy and Weebly.

These are waters I'm wading in that I am not familiar with nor accustomed to. I'm a total novice at this website stuff.
I'm very familiar. It's what I do for work.
WIX is getting better with SEO and functionality. I know their head of SEO.

Skip the second two.

Also consider WordPress.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hung out with the Lt at Rockler today.
Anna got the giggles when I mentioned the "Crotchcaster"

Yes, that is a real tap chart... all I have to do is look down.

Lt-Rockler.jpg

Latest Threads