What I'd Like in My Desert Star Guitar

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS.
Thanks, bro! :cheers:

My guitar is in short, FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!

@LtDave32 was right, it's got harmonics and overtones up the wazoo and those SS frets on THAT neck is to die for.

And I did get a bit choked up and emotional, I'm just putting it out there. It was awesome.

I hope you feel the same way I did.

It was better than I could have hoped for.

And I had cake! :dude:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the pickup you chose?

It's a Zhangbucker with an A4 magnet and wound to 8.2k. Uneven wound bobbins peppered with a little scatter winding makes this pickup sound sweet.

it's actually one of his first pickups that he started offering to the public.

When he was more active on the forum (10+ years ago), he was just starting his business and he made a great offer to MLP members and I snagged a neck and bridge pickup and picked them up at his apartment in North Hollywood. He was cool and showed me where the magic is created.

The bridge pickup was in my Joan Jett Melody Maker and it killed, and when I sold that I put the original pickup back.

And when I was commissioning Dave for the build, I knew I wanted that pickup in it.

It's Spanky and has great clarity, and dirties up nicely and is very reactive to the volume and tone controls.

I would highly recommend his pickups. As good as mine is, add the fact that he's been doing it for a while now, and I'm sure his offerings are even better!

Here's his link: Zhangbucker Home Page

He's had some health issues the last few years, so I'm sure he would appreciate some business!

Latest Threads