What have you bought guitar-related in the last 48 hours?

disaffected

Reaction score
While not exactly new....I checked on where we are in a custom build I have going for a D-18 ish look alike. I was hoping to write a check b4 Christmas. Not sure we are gonna make it.
IMG_0181(1).jpg
IMG_0178.jpg

Adi top, Honduran mahogany back/sides and neck, ebony board, preWar bracing with no tongue brace,
Hopefully my Crowder sounds like this

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
I bought this. Sounds just like a Klon, or so they say. Since I've never played a real Klon I don't know.

It sounds pretty damn good to me.

images (1).jpg

Judge on it's own merits, without comparison. Once you start comparing and doubting, down the rabbit hole you go.

Rob H.

Reaction score
Too busy to make my own at the moment, sale price clenched it.

0843770A-2136-4137-B8DA-E1C257E18A54.jpeg

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Love it. I had a MiM Strat like that but with a rosewood board and it was awesome. I miss that guitar.

Harley Benton Double Cut Jr I got off CL by my in-laws. Can’t wait to get home and plug it in.
I got a MIM a few years ago, rosewood board, black paint job. it was someone else's "case queen". Plays great.

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
Sooooo, a little late on the 48 hours but this thread wasn't going last Sunday.
IMG_20221127_121259621.jpg

Recently sold my 78 Gibson L6-S. Loved the guitar but this particular one had such a small neck I just couldn't get on with it. Anyway, it was my only 24 fret guitar and I made a decent amount of money on it.

Bought this PRS SE Custom 24 with the profit on the Gibson just to have a 24 fret when needed (not often).

ATM it's stock with brushed nickel covers added but I happen to already have drop in Grover lockers bought for the last one of these I had (this is the 3rd).

Edit. Today I had some spare time so I put on the locking tuners, my strings of preference and did a quick set up. I thought it was pretty damned good.......... then I picked up my Les Paul.

Into its gig bag went the PRS for someday when I'm bored again. Pretty hard to beat great Les Paul.

Last edited:

James R

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Guitar Pro version 6 to version 8.
Apparently you can upload music files now, I'm hoping that means no more playing along to the midi instruments and vocals but the actual song you're learning.

I'm looking for something to replace Rocksmith with since they completely borked the latest installment of that program.
If I'm not satisfied with the new Guitar Pro, I guess I'll check out Yousician, but I'd rather not subscribe to anything other than my annual True Fire membership.

Lungo

Reaction score
I haven’t bought a thing. But, my mother in law was looking out for me and contacted a Facebook marketplace seller that has an “American Standard” Fender strat that was “made in Coronado CA” listed for $600. They didn’t seem to like me pointing out the “Made in Mexico” stamp on the headstock.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Considering getting a UA Ox Box.
$1250 seems like a ton of money for what it is to me.

Are they worth it?

questionman

Reaction score
Thankfully nothing

Almost drunkenly bought an electronic drum set (which I still might by not drunkenly), Fender Tone Master Super Reverb and an Explorer, each separate occasions

MyLesPaul462

Reaction score
They got me, I did an impulse buy on a reverb pedal. It's the Keely Omni verb, pretty simple: 3 types of verb (Room, Plate, Spring) and a dwell knob and a level. All I was going to get was strings and an action measurement tool. I'm on my own time table and wasn't ready to pull the trigger for the next project, building out a pedal board.

In a way I hope I like it, so I'm not so anal about sticking to my list of "iconic" pieces of gear, especially with pedals. I got some holy grail amps and guitar (fixin to make it two). I feel like you can stand to get a little quirky when it comes to pedals.

I got really close to pulling the trigger on one of those digital multi-effects processors, those are great if your in a creative rute, each new patch (i.e. cocktail of effects/amps) can stimulate you into writing new riffs and progressions.

Latest Threads