What Has Been Your Favorite . . . .

DrBGood

Reaction score
2020 special in TV yellow.
That is the first new guitar I dared buying new in 50 years, so I REALLY wanted it to be my Holy Grail. I love P90s, 6 out of 8 of my guitars have them. It was a great player, neck was hand candy, but its tone was dead. I guess I stumbled on a dud. I tried three different P90s and they all sounded bleh. My $84 bolt-on neck LP Special 1 sounds much much better.

Looking back on it, maybe the problem resided in the pots not being real 500K.

One I love is my 2007 LP Ultra. 3 heavily chambered kilos with a nice belly cut.

2021-10-25.jpg

Last edited:

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
These two are my favorites. The honeyburst one I have no idea why - I'm sure to most people it's just another Epiphone. But for me, it's just one of those that I can't put down It used to stay with me in the office, but it's been at home with me ever since telework became a thing. I prefer it over any of the Gibbys I own. There's nothing particularly special spec wise, and it doesn't have any gimmicks or special mods - it's just a guitar I have a special connection with.

My favorite model spec/config-wise would be either the 56 Gold top or the 1955 Custom Limited Edition (which I've never owned) because of the P90 config.

Attachments

• 20220201_225820.jpg
    20220201_225820.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 43

frehley76

Reaction score
My favorite: a 2005 Epiphone Les Paul LQ "Lacquer Series" with: solid maple top, Gibson shaped headstock, 59 profile neck, 8.5 lbs, excellent MIJ quality ...
pics?

DrBGood

Reaction score
One I love is my 2007 LP Ultra. 3 heavily chambered kilos with a nice belly cut.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, The Ultra has a set of Tyson Tone Precious and Grace PAFs in it. Worth more than the guitar itself. I won them in a contest :)
These pups, different guitar ... and player

Atavan Halen

Reaction score
As a player, probably the new 1959's they put out - I don't own one myself, but its miles ahead of any Epiphone I used to have growing up. The satin finish felt great, the pickups sounded great, and it felt pretty comfortable to play. I think there's a pretty good value there for the $800 or $900 they are.

For nostalgia though, I really love the Billie Joe Armstrong LP Junior they put out a bit ago. I have the original white Gibson model from 2007, with the cool leopard print case and all that. Yeah, I know the junior isn't for everyone, and its a bit absurd to spend Gibson money on a one pickup guitar, but I just love the simplicity of them sometimes, and that clean black and white aesthetic just fits a LP junior so well. I also grew up listening to Green Day a bit, so of course I'm a little biased. I was really glad to see them bring that back with the cool case too.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I would have to say my 2020 Custom and my 59's along with my Slash!! I also would say my 2020 Classic thing is a total player !! But my all time favorite of them all is my 50's standard that thing totally rocks! nice big neck sounds great with the aph2's and tone pro set up with the e-serts and gotoh alum tail piece. All in all the 2020/2021 epiphones to me are all goodd guitars i don't think i can name a bad one that i have boughten this past yr and a half?? Well one i can honestly say i didn't care for and it was my blk worn classic. I just never bonded with the guitar but that could just be I haven't put the time in the thing to bond with it....
3 59s 02.jpg
gold n blue 01.jpg

Attachments

• face lift 01.jpg
    face lift 01.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 18
  • slash finished 2231.jpg
    slash finished 2231.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 17
  • the kids.jpg
    the kids.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 2 gold tops 01.jpg
    2 gold tops 01.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

theycallmetex

Reaction score
For me it’s my Bonamassa Black Beauty. The neck is outstanding and it has the most balanced sound of all my Les Paul, past or present. My 2021 Custom is also outstanding, my #2, it’s a different animal though. It’s heavier, brighter, and has more attack.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
By far my former Lee Malia Sig Limited Edition Artisan Custom. Can't find an old pic of it right now

But this model

Latest Threads