What happened to Lovepedal?

fry

Reaction score
I noticed a good while back that I never got those SNS notifications anymore for the cheap blowouts. Went a few months ago to the regular website, and it is gone. I poked around little bit on the Internet, and nobody will just come right out and say what happened, like it’s a secret. I gathered that there was some sort of a lawsuit filed against him, maybe accusing him of stealing a design? Anyway, people tiptoe around it and won’t just come out and say what happened, I suppose it’s possible that nobody really knows. It does look like the company is finished though.

ARandall

Reaction score
Interesting.

Had a few of their pedals through the years. Still think the Kalamazoo is one of the better smooth medium gain pedals for my style of playing about.
They did get into the reissue of an old classic pedal that involved licensing last I remember (theirs was called the Dover Drive). Maybe that (figuratively) blew up??

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have know idea but.. I have two love. They both sound excellent. However the first one was earlier pedal, and was gouped. I have problems with that but, when it broke and I reached out to the pedal maker, I never heard back. I figure if you are going to goup your pedal, you should also have a policy if they break. Either repair (for a fair price) or replace at a discount. I also read that the maker was not particularly good at customer service. I have dealt with many music companies and I tend to favor good customer service. For example TC Electronics are on my never buy list. I was in GC just last week and I saw a used hype comp. I like the idea of tone prints, but I did not even play it based on my experience with TC. So my guess is, that is what happened to Lovepedal. But who knows.

Big John

wood vs. would
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...I gathered that there was some sort of a lawsuit filed against him, maybe accusing him of stealing a design? Anyway, people tiptoe around it...
Someone on another forum some months back did some deep digging. He found a family court case where the defendant and plaintiff had the same last name. There's your answer, fry....nasty divorce.

fry

Reaction score
Someone on another forum some months back did some deep digging. He found a family court case where the defendant and plaintiff had the same last name. There's your answer, fry....nasty divorce.
Oh wow, that’s a shame.

ngteleblues

Reaction score
I’ve owned several Love Pedals and kept none of them. The last was the Tchula.

Latest Threads