What happened to frogfur?

KTM

Reaction score
Let me set you boys straight on the horrors of war since you all seem to think war stories are cool. A little nightmare called a NRD I can still recall, but wish I couldn't. If you don't know what that is, count yourself lucky.

This was from back when I was a regular grunt, in the Kiss Army. Not a draftee... I volunteered.

On the morning of 15 March 1976, as we were preparing a mission against The Guys Who Love Disco Army (GWLDA) in the RecordOutlet, and like the Japanese soldiers of Burma, The GWLDA had been secure in their territory for along time. Our team leader was told by Staff to report to the S-3 shop for a premission briefing as we had been fragged for a patrol. While that was happening we prepared ourselves for a one day mission.

That morning the sun was burning off the ground fog, as we rode our bikes to the mall, the shadow of our steeds was cast on the concrete below. Our destination was The RecordOutlet, and our mission was to locate a copy of Kiss Destroyer, and avoid conflict with the GWLDA. The GWLDA who we had observed lining up to purchase "Love Machine and "Disco lady" some weeks earlier.

The March weather was changing and the brief period of unusually snowy weather we had enjoyed was soon to become days of heavy fucking rain. The opportunity to get to the Recordoutlet by bicycle depended on a window of good riding weather for the Huffys and Schwinns.

One of the first clues we were getting closer was the sound of "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" blaring on mono speakers as....

Aw hell boys... I can't keep it up. I'm just froggin' y'all.

Reminds me of "Dave Dworkin's Disco Destruction and Defamation Department" which I was actually a member of back in the late 1970's. I still have the membership card somewhere around here in a box. Sadly, Dave passed away last year.

Dave Dworkin, long time KQRS DJ, dies at 65

• Love
Reactions: Who

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was witness to someone ordering chilidogs with "hold the chili, I just want ketchup on em...'

Yep. Was standing right there when it happened..... I was in fear for my life too with just the thought of Karma sending a lightning bolt and I would not be able to run....

I still have bad dreams about it.... I could have been got dead...

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was witness to someone ordering chilidogs with "hold the chili, I just want ketchup on em...'

Yep. Was standing right there when it happened..... I was in fear for my life too with just the thought of Karma sending a lightning bolt and I would not be able to run....

I still have bad dreams about it.... I could have been got dead...
If someone orders Nachoes without cheese and uncooked 'Vegan Style',... just slap them in the face with a Tortilla.

giphy.gif