What happened to frogfur?

scott1970

Reaction score
Short of a soap opera level of amnesia I don't see Frogfur returning to MLP, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to propose memorializing his actions in an MLP specific term called "Frogging" which is nothing more than fanciful exaggerations and/or lies.

For example, I wasn't mocking Mexican cartel fashion today while being backed up by Seagal, Nugent and O'Neal. I was just Frogging y'all, and y'all knew I was Frogging.

It could also be used when someone is outed for intentionally attempting to deceive. If, and this would never happen, but if I never raised ridiculous amounts of okra and Rob caught me then I would be called out for Frogging the board which would come with deserved judgements and condemnations.

After a year or two it would become common parlance which would regularly be questioned by new members. Years after that, well, we could sweep the internet with a brand new verb!

This has some heady potential.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been reading this thread on and off all evening. The verdict is...there is a bunch of really funny guys here. Mrs. has been giving me the stinkeye because I've been laughing on and off at this thread. :)
Hello, M.. Good to see you, old dog..

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Short of a soap opera level of amnesia I don't see Frogfur returning to MLP, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to propose memorializing his actions in an MLP specific term called "Frogging" which is nothing more than fanciful exaggerations and/or lies.

For example, I wasn't mocking Mexican cartel fashion today while being backed up by Seagal, Nugent and O'Neal. I was just Frogging y'all, and y'all knew I was Frogging.

It could also be used when someone is outed for intentionally attempting to deceive. If, and this would never happen, but if I never raised ridiculous amounts of okra and Rob caught me then I would be called out for Frogging the board which would come with deserved judgements and condemnations.

After a year or two it would become common parlance which would regularly be questioned by new members. Years after that, well, we could sweep the internet with a brand new verb!

As Rob said before, it wasn't his blatant BS, though that was bad enough. And wrong. Really wrong. Deceitful. It was his bullying of others with it.

When he started that "look sonny, you don't know war", I sometimes just had to leave the threads to keep from blowing up Other times I'd come down on him, for it, for I have a bucket of my own experiences that I've tried to distance myself from in practice of a better life. I don't need to relive it every friggin' day in front of hundreds of people I don't know. That's not why I come here. It's a friggin guitar forum, FFS.

Seems he would draw that crap like a pistol, every chance he got. Yet another tell-tale BS flag. My dad never did. My uncles never did. My grandpa never did. You couldn't pry that sort of talk out of those men with dynamite and a crowbar. But the Frog of Death? Every damn day. Yadda-yadda-yadda. Mr Super Combat.

But I knew the forum would take care of his ass on its own. Eventually.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, there it is.. A mustache with a mustache.

Never, ever have I seen one of those. :laugh2:

cjpeck

Reaction score
TR's? they were fer kids. I had a GT6+ as my first car. After 18 months I knew all the Lucas jokes by heart only I didn't know they were jokes. For me they were my everyday 'what the hell now?' curses. I swear to god Lucas engineered in shorts. Too bad they never made vacuums.

still, i was better off than my younger brother. He picked up a Mazda RX3 as his ride...

Hairless_Ape

Doc
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess I missed quite a bit in my absence.

Now some of those head scratchers he posted in "the gun thread" make a little sense. The last post I read of his was the rant about the only people who watch war movies. Well, started to read. I only got a few sentences in, said a "gtfo of here with that nonsense" to myself and moved on.

Apparently that was the beginning of the end. I always go on hiatus from this place at the wrong times.

Last edited:

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
During the months between high school years, I worked at a garage in Long Beach, CA that catered to the odder stuff. Foreign cars, older American cars, sports cars almost no one heard of.

We had plenty of British cars, and this was when they earned their reputation of being, umm.. "difficult".

Lucas electrics. Leaky-ass engines. Carburetors like "Solex" and other micro-toilets mounted upon intake manifolds.

"Witworth" threads.. Ugh.

Really weird. They could do an interior like no other; crystal gauge glass, burl-wood dash and trim, goat leather seats. Smelled wonderful in there. Really classy. Friggin' James Bond shit. Really nice cockpit interiors.

But they couldn't get the basics right. The friggin' things leaked, ran rough, and burned up. Or a short in the system that would drain the battery and you would NEVER find the source of it. What a friggin' mess.
And don’t forget maintenance logs with weekly entries, and a bookshelf to keep them all on.
A friend was out shopping for a two seater and almost every seller was getting rid of his British Steel for a Miata. At a certain age you just want to drive with the top down instead of going under the bonnet.

Three cars with Lucas wiring, two shorted out, three replaced. I wised up and replaced the wiring harness before it went.

DotStudio

Reaction score
As Rob said before, it wasn't his blatant BS, though that was bad enough. And wrong. Really wrong. Deceitful. It was his bullying of others with it.

When he started that "look sonny, you don't know war", I sometimes just had to leave the threads to keep from blowing up Other times I'd come down on him, for it, for I have a bucket of my own experiences that I've tried to distance myself from in practice of a better life. I don't need to relive it every friggin' day in front of hundreds of people I don't know. That's not why I come here. It's a friggin guitar forum, FFS.

Seems he would draw that crap like a pistol, every chance he got. Yet another tell-tale BS flag. My dad never did. My uncles never did. My grandpa never did. You couldn't pry that sort of talk out of those men with dynamite and a crowbar. But the Frog of Death? Every damn day. Yadda-yadda-yadda. Mr Super Combat.

But I knew the forum would take care of his ass on its own. Eventually.
Yep, every person I've ever met that has actually seen some shit generally keeps a lid on it. I knew my brother-in-law (USMC infantry) for 15 years before I heard a single gory detail.

I'm an airborne-qualified five jump chump, so I rarely share anything because there's nothing of interest to share . :laugh2: I'm okay with that.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I like it! Better than a bunch of ridiculous made up gender pronouns that will never ever gain traction.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score

LOL dude i'm not sure everyone knew you were frogging.... :laugh2:

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
LOL dude i'm not sure everyone knew you were frogging.... :laugh2:
:applause:

At the very beginning, a lot of them weren't! He had to lay it on pretty thick before some of 'em got it. :laugh2:

Hell, I was about to ask the guy if he left Tennessee to work for Jefferson Parish when he started posting pictures of Seagal... but then I realized that Scott was just frogging me.

Incidentally, I had Elon Musk send one of his spy satellites over North Georgia so I could eyeball Scott's okra patch. Me and Elon are big buddies, and so he does stuff like that for me every now and then. I just wish the man would listen to me when I tell him to STFU to the press and to quit grandstanding.

Anyway, turns out that Scott is not frogging about the okra. He's got that stuff going big time! :shock:

--R

Last edited:

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Let me set you boys straight on the horrors of war since you all seem to think war stories are cool. A little nightmare called a NRD I can still recall, but wish I couldn't. If you don't know what that is, count yourself lucky.

This was from back when I was a regular grunt, in the Kiss Army. Not a draftee... I volunteered.

On the morning of 15 March 1976, as we were preparing a mission against The Guys Who Love Disco Army (GWLDA) in the RecordOutlet, and like the Japanese soldiers of Burma, The GWLDA had been secure in their territory for along time. Our team leader was told by Staff to report to the S-3 shop for a premission briefing as we had been fragged for a patrol. While that was happening we prepared ourselves for a one day mission.

That morning the sun was burning off the ground fog, as we rode our bikes to the mall, the shadow of our steeds was cast on the concrete below. Our destination was The RecordOutlet, and our mission was to locate a copy of Kiss Destroyer, and avoid conflict with the GWLDA. The GWLDA who we had observed lining up to purchase "Love Machine and "Disco lady" some weeks earlier.

The March weather was changing and the brief period of unusually snowy weather we had enjoyed was soon to become days of heavy fucking rain. The opportunity to get to the Recordoutlet by bicycle depended on a window of good riding weather for the Huffys and Schwinns.

One of the first clues we were getting closer was the sound of "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" blaring on mono speakers as....

Aw hell boys... I can't keep it up. I'm just froggin' y'all.

Last edited: