What happened to frogfur?

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Umm... how many guys are sharing your soap?

I’m not judging or anything.
:rofl:

See, that's how it's supposed to roll at MLP.
Catch some good-natured shit, you hand it back. Even if it ain't aimed at you. I give a ration to Edro, Mikey gives one to me.

That's what the best entertainment is made of on MLP.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had one ask me to marry them. Im serious as a school bus wreck.
Jeebus Christ.. :laugh2:

"Hi.. I don't even know you, but let me have access to everything that you've worked for, your home, your possessions, your credit, your savings, and everything you will ever have down the road..BTW, I just fell off a bar stool. It was sooooo funny!!".

Good lord.. :rolleyes:

MSB

Reaction score
Who uses acorn nuts on oil pan studs?

-The British.

Drip, drip, drip..
who builds a vehicles you have to "widen" the frame to be able to remove said pan to service the trans? No wonder we tossed their tea.

but that thing is a Billy goat in the snow/ice. I just have to warn everyone when they get in that I'll kill them if they touch anything because of stuff like the third brake light (that won't pass inspection for a few more years) is built into the radio resistor nicely tucked away in the far corner under the headliner and other BS electrical quirky stuff.

I actually reposition mine every few days so I can keep tabs on that's still leaking.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
who builds a vehicles you have to "widen" the frame to be able to remove said pan to service the trans? No wonder we tossed their tea.

but that thing is a Billy goat in the snow/ice. I just have to warn everyone when they get in that I'll kill them if they touch anything because of stuff like the third brake light (that won't pass inspection for a few more years) is built into the radio resistor nicely tucked away in the far corner under the headliner and other BS electrical quirky stuff.

I actually reposition mine every few days so I can keep tabs on that's still leaking.
During the months between high school years, I worked at a garage in Long Beach, CA that catered to the odder stuff. Foreign cars, older American cars, sports cars almost no one heard of.

We had plenty of British cars, and this was when they earned their reputation of being, umm.. "difficult".

Lucas electrics. Leaky-ass engines. Carburetors like "Solex" and other micro-toilets mounted upon intake manifolds.

"Witworth" threads.. Ugh.

Really weird. They could do an interior like no other; crystal gauge glass, burl-wood dash and trim, goat leather seats. Smelled wonderful in there. Really classy. Friggin' James Bond shit. Really nice cockpit interiors.

But they couldn't get the basics right. The friggin' things leaked, ran rough, and burned up. Or a short in the system that would drain the battery and you would NEVER find the source of it. What a friggin' mess.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Lucas electrics. Leaky-ass engines. Carburetors like "Solex" and other micro-toilets mounted upon intake manifolds.

Really weird. They could do an interior like no other; crystal gauge glass, burl-wood dash and trim, goat leather seats. Smelled wonderful in there. Really classy. Friggin' James Bond shit. Really nice cockpit interiors.

But they couldn't get the basics right. The friggin' things leaked, ran rough, and burned up. Or a short in the system that would drain the battery and you would NEVER find the source of it. What a friggin' mess.
A perfect summation of my Rover. Lovely to drive (if underpowered). Just stop to check the fuel and top-up the oil....and LUCAS "Because Gentlemen don't automobile at night".

MSB

Reaction score
During the months between high school years, I worked at a garage in Long Beach, CA that catered to the odder stuff. Foreign cars, older American cars, sports cars almost no one heard of.

We had plenty of British cars, and this was when they earned their reputation of being, umm.. "difficult".

couldn't have said it any better

and I even got failed on inspection a few years back because the dummy could't figure out where the horn was

Minte

I need a snappy title
Reaction score
I've been reading this thread on and off all evening. The verdict is...there is a bunch of really funny guys here. Mrs. has been giving me the stinkeye because I've been laughing on and off at this thread. :)

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been reading this thread on and off all evening. The verdict is...there is a bunch of really funny guys here. Mrs. has been giving me the stinkeye because I've been laughing on and off at this thread. :)
Good to see you M! It's been a while!

scott1970

Reaction score
Short of a soap opera level of amnesia I don't see Frogfur returning to MLP, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to propose memorializing his actions in an MLP specific term called "Frogging" which is nothing more than fanciful exaggerations and/or lies.

For example, I wasn't mocking Mexican cartel fashion today while being backed up by Seagal, Nugent and O'Neal. I was just Frogging y'all, and y'all knew I was Frogging.

It could also be used when someone is outed for intentionally attempting to deceive. If, and this would never happen, but if I never raised ridiculous amounts of okra and Rob caught me then I would be called out for Frogging the board which would come with deserved judgements and condemnations.

After a year or two it would become common parlance which would regularly be questioned by new members. Years after that, well, we could sweep the internet with a brand new verb!

This has some heady potential.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, M.. Good to see you, old dog..

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Short of a soap opera level of amnesia I don't see Frogfur returning to MLP, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to propose memorializing his actions in an MLP specific term called "Frogging" which is nothing more than fanciful exaggerations and/or lies.

For example, I wasn't mocking Mexican cartel fashion today while being backed up by Seagal, Nugent and O'Neal. I was just Frogging y'all, and y'all knew I was Frogging.

It could also be used when someone is outed for intentionally attempting to deceive. If, and this would never happen, but if I never raised ridiculous amounts of okra and Rob caught me then I would be called out for Frogging the board which would come with deserved judgements and condemnations.

After a year or two it would become common parlance which would regularly be questioned by new members. Years after that, well, we could sweep the internet with a brand new verb!

This has some heady potential.
As Rob said before, it wasn't his blatant BS, though that was bad enough. And wrong. Really wrong. Deceitful. It was his bullying of others with it.

When he started that "look sonny, you don't know war", I sometimes just had to leave the threads to keep from blowing up Other times I'd come down on him, for it, for I have a bucket of my own experiences that I've tried to distance myself from in practice of a better life. I don't need to relive it every friggin' day in front of hundreds of people I don't know. That's not why I come here. It's a friggin guitar forum, FFS.

Seems he would draw that crap like a pistol, every chance he got. Yet another tell-tale BS flag. My dad never did. My uncles never did. My grandpa never did. You couldn't pry that sort of talk out of those men with dynamite and a crowbar. But the Frog of Death? Every damn day. Yadda-yadda-yadda. Mr Super Combat.

But I knew the forum would take care of his ass on its own. Eventually.