What guitars did you buy in the past 12 months?

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Had a feeling '21 was gonna be a good year...

1620739278526.jpg

DigitalTone

Reaction score
Epiphone LP Muse, Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus LP, Epiphone Firebird, G&L Strat, Harley Benton Explorer, Hard Luck Kings Firebird, and a PRS McCarty 594 Doublecut.

zdoggie

Reaction score
haven't bought anything or traded in the last two years .I'm prett satisfied with my stash however they need some pickup improvements
zdog

Wise Guy

Reaction score
Epiphone LP Muse, Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus LP, Epiphone Firebird, G&L Strat, Harley Benton Explorer, Hard Luck Kings Firebird, and a PRS McCarty 594 Doublecut.
What do you think about the HLK guitar? I owned one awhile back and it played great, just didn't do anything for me. Didn't inspire me to play and was kind of sterile for some reason.

THAWK819

Reaction score
I picked up an Edwards LP last summer from the MIJ classifieds here. It's the replica Jimmy Page model and I love it; instant bond.

It's my "leave out all the time" practice guitar and so ends up getting more play time than almost anything else in the collection. Yes it's factory relic'd, but it's a 17 year old guitar now in its own right and as comfy as an old broken-in pair of sneakers.

ELP-JP.jpg

DigitalTone

Reaction score
What do you think about the HLK guitar? I owned one awhile back and it played great, just didn't do anything for me. Didn't inspire me to play and was kind of sterile for some reason.

I had a time trying to get it to intonate, tweaked the neck to the limit even after their setup. It's ok, but nothing inspiring. It's about what you'd expect from the price point, could use a lot of upgrades but not something I want to throw money into, however it's not horrible to have sitting around. Don't think I would buy another, but it's not absolute trash.

smk506

Reaction score
I went on a bit of an EBMM kick -- mostly all prior to EVH (and definitely all prior to the price craziness that followed for Axis and Wolfgangs after his death.) I bought a Wolf and then tried an Axis and liked the more traditional neck carve more...and fell in love with the EBMM necks in general. Now most of my guitars are EBMM. If there's an upside to quarantine craziness, I've found that I'm an EBMM fan but also, no longer experiencing crazy GAS. :)

#1 - EBMM Axis Blue Dawn - Loved the neck, loved the pickups, found out for the nth time that a Floyd just isn't my thing. Sold.

View attachment 536976

#2 Loving the neck but chasing the PRS Hollowbody and piezo sound. Ended up selling this one, too.

View attachment 536977

#3 - Picked this up in a deal that was too good to pass up. Sold it because like the Blue Dawn above, Floyds, no matter how many times I keep trying, are just not my thing.

View attachment 536978

#4 Picked this up as a nostalgia buy. Always wanted one and never pulled the trigger when they were new. Never really bonded with it and sold it a few months later.

View attachment 536979

#5 This one actually came before the Axis but just found the folder of pics. Loved the guitar...until I played an Axis. The Peavey Wolfs were great. I prefer the EBMMs more, though.

View attachment 536981

#6 Straight collector purchase - I'm a Phil Collen fan and stumbled on this at CMC's website one day in quarantine and called immediately and got it.

View attachment 536982

#7 Axis Hardtail - a pretty rare bird. This was where I started finding a home with EBMM and realized that they had reeled me in. I ended up selling this one because someone offered me a very nice sum for it.

View attachment 536984

#8 EBMM Axis SS 2007 LE hardtail in Blue Dawn. I love this finish. I snagged this one at a great price and it's my go to these days.

View attachment 536986

#9 EBMM Luke III in Fuschia Sparkle. I'll admit that the finish reeled me in, but the Luke has become one of my favorite playing guitars. I'm not sure why I never took my own pics! Still on the wall today.

View attachment 536987

#10 Another EBMM BFR that I couldn't resist -- Steve Morse HH (#69!) in Tahitian Blue. I joke that this is the best Les Paul I've ever played. It sounds like my Standard but weighs less and the neck finish suits me more these days. (I'll never sell that Standard, though, for sentimental reasons.)

View attachment 536988

#11 - Axis SS BFR 2018. This has become another favorite. It cements that I love the Axis but need a hardtail or traditional trem. :)

View attachment 536989

#12 EBMM Cutlass RS - The continuing quest to find a triple single coil Strat I actually like and will keep. I think this one may win that contest.

View attachment 536992

#13 - Finally found the PRS HBII I wanted. I had one in the mid 2000s that I sold and regretted selling.

View attachment 536997

#14 - I may have a thing for purple guitars -- 2nd Luke III in Firemist Purple

View attachment 536999

#15 - The most recent addition - EBMM Sabre in Pacific Blue Sparkle. This was another one I bought without having ever played the model...but I'm confident that I've found a winner. The pickups are outstanding and it's just fun to play.

View attachment 537000

I got my first EBMM this year too. It’s just a lowly Sub1, but man it is/was an eye opener. These guys really know how to build a guitar, everything about it is just about perfect, and it really punches above its weight class when you consider it was their cheapest entry level offering into the US built lineup.
I’ll snag some pics for the thread later.

jlf599

Reaction score
I got my first EBMM this year too. It’s just a lowly Sub1, but man it is/was an eye opener. These guys really know how to build a guitar, everything about it is just about perfect, and it really punches above its weight class when you consider it was their cheapest entry level offering into the US built lineup.
I’ll snag some pics for the thread later.

The Sub1s are AWESOME guitars! So much bang for the buck there.

Pancreas

Reaction score

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
2013 Fender Japan Telecaster’52 RI
D5BBE00B-55F4-405C-A73B-64109811D1A0.jpeg

2020 Godin Metropolis Classic QIT
3D153D32-457E-424C-A5AC-99576CF0A452.jpeg

1990 Yamaha Pacifica rebuild. Bought a replacement neck for this and took it to Freddy G for best fret levelling job, bone nut and setup. Came back like a new guitar, so….

CD1ABF9C-488A-4995-B7CA-5947F91932C6.jpeg

DBDM

Reaction score
Staying - lower end Martin, perfect acoustic for me, just what I was looking for, don't see upgrading or selling

View attachment 536201
Never get rid of the inexpensive Martin that sounds great! The world is full of great, expensive guitars but the great sounding inexpensive Martins can be a friend for life and if you let her go you will likely NEVER find another just like her! Goes from living room to campfire/beach and every where in between! No frills, no need to baby, no tears if you ding it. A fit for every toolbox!
I have one and a buddy who was playing it fell in love. This guy actually has won a (gospel) Grammy. He said, "Ive got to have this guitar" I kept explaining it is not for sale! He kept upping his bid to the point where I could have likely purchased a much nicer guitar--but I knew as soon as she walked out I would never replace her. Here she is--1997 Martin HJ-28 with a repaired top seam separation. Imperfections do not photograph well but there are a bunch of them. She was "well loved" by the previous owner. I may ask to be buried with her.
2020-12-03 20_45_02.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Threads