What Guitar Stuff Do You Plan To Do While At Home?

captdan61

Reaction score
I admit, I haven't been playing enough since the heavy-handedness came down over the past week. Too distracted, too curious about what's unfolding. What else can you do when stuck at home during a pandemic?

Play guitar!

I'm going back to sharpening up my chops enough to take over as singer/lead guitarist in The SweatHogs. I gotta get some licks down and tighten up some dreadful solo playing. Anyone wanna teach me some tricks over skype? My thing has been to sing and play rhythm, I'm in new territory.

I also want to trade out some pedals I have that don't get used. I just traded a BOSS tuner for a Nano Big Muff for my in-ear jamming board. Woo-hoo!! I will spend some time today tweaking my muff tone.

What will you be fiddling while Rome burns?
Not sure how tweaking your muff will help your guitar playing! But there are some questions a gentleman should refrain from asking. Enjoy ma'am.

tradproII

Reaction score
I admit, I haven't been playing enough since the heavy-handedness came down over the past week. Too distracted, too curious about what's unfolding. What else can you do when stuck at home during a pandemic?

Play guitar!

I'm going back to sharpening up my chops enough to take over as singer/lead guitarist in The SweatHogs. I gotta get some licks down and tighten up some dreadful solo playing. Anyone wanna teach me some tricks over skype? My thing has been to sing and play rhythm, I'm in new territory.

I also want to trade out some pedals I have that don't get used. I just traded a BOSS tuner for a Nano Big Muff for my in-ear jamming board. Woo-hoo!! I will spend some time today tweaking my muff tone.

Finally going to restring my Rickenbacker 330-6, which I've been avoiding doing, as I hear it's not a pleasant chore (thank God it's not a 330-12!). I bought it new in 2014, and it still has the original strings on it, some even showing a bit of corrosion.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally going to restring my Rickenbacker 330-6, which I've been avoiding doing, as I hear it's not a pleasant chore (thank God it's not a 330-12!). I bought it new in 2014, and it still has the original strings on it, some even showing a bit of corrosion.

I've been there and done that, and I think jerking off a wildcat with a hand full of rose thorns might be more pleasant.

smk506

Reaction score
I bought a few Zero Glide nuts a few days ago for my strat and one of the les pauls. I got one a few years ago, but I messed up the install and lost the thing before I could go back to it later.

I also have a bunch of pots and some wire and caps and stuff on the way. I’m going to rewire my tokai since it’s a rats nest of mix matched parts, I’m thinking about putting a master tone and a bass roll off in. Then I have a melody make in parts that I mean to get back together.

If that doesn’t tide me over I plan to make some progress on an old SG I’ve had kicking around for almost a decade. That one will be a lot of firsts for me, and lots of work in general.

That’s assuming I get extra down time which hasn’t happened yet.

mdubya

Reaction score
I feel lucky that I have been able to continue working, but from home.

That said, we have been busier than ever.

Even today, I was preparing to sign off at 4 pm when the boss called asking if I could help her and the 2nd in command knock something out that the gubmint decided was absolutely necessary to be done at 3:45 pm on a Friday. :lol:

Have mercy.

We got it done. No biggie, really. But I am not finding as much extra time as I thought I would. My playing is suffering. And that is bad for everyone. :eek2:

matthew bear

Reaction score
I deliver groceries for a living, so I’m “essential” services. Thing is restaurant’s are closed...I only work 22 hours this week, and one guy was on vacation! Plus that means I’m only going to hospitals and retirement facilities, so I’m a ticking time bomb for the virus :eek:

so this coming week I’ll be deep diving into my Kemper editor, recording stuff and maybe cleaning and restringing the guitars.

Mazerius

Reaction score
Fifth day of confinement, here in France.
My plan is to record the acoustic covers I used to play in bars.
Take care of yourselves and your beloved ones!

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
Haven't played much for a year or more since I busted middle and index and thumb on left hand. When I do play I seem to irritate that final bit of pain..making it worse..
SO..trying to be sensible..(always a problem for me)..and play a little mostly as therapy to heal..and not get carried away bending and stuff..
I limit myself to BTOTM one maybe two takes lathered in CBD (IT WORKS !)

Then hopefully out to the shop to do some of my hotrod stuff..

Take care of you and yours..and others..

BKS

Reaction score
Business as usual here, only guitar lessons are cancelled for now. Guess i will go on the normal way i always do.

Still have my blue Tokai strat to finish (pickups and wiring)
Removed the pickups from my Camel lp so those need replacing.
My white strat JEL needs work.
Still have not started on the les paul kit.... :oops:

Mazerius

Reaction score
And me this:

French song cover. The english title would be "One more night". It's about begging fate for our beloved one to stay a bit longer on Earth...

Then, U2's "Stay (Faraway, so close)" speaks for itself... with satellite television internet you can go anywhere...

Take care!

Last edited:

Mockbel

Reaction score
I just got these a couple of days ago as a replacement to my cheap music headphones... considering the fact that I am 99% bedroom headphones player.. I think I will enjoy this new toy for a while...
13AC8933-7B9D-40A1-9C14-2C6C939FF868.jpeg

no jimmy p

Reaction score

Play guitar!

I'm installing a Bigsby B-3 and Towner Bar on my Epi ES-339 .

I am still working daily . But the Bigsby install is on my calendar .

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I just got these a couple of days ago as a replacement to my cheap music headphones... considering the fact that I am 99% bedroom headphones player.. I think I will enjoy this new toy for a while...
View attachment 448145
Hey brother, how do they sound? I want a decent over-the-ear pair for practicing at home. The in-ear monitors sound amazing, but I don’t always want things stuck in my ears. Plus, I don’t need sound isolation to play at home.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
HOLY S! My drummer just sent me ROUGH MIXES for new FEZZ.....EASILY best album of 2020. I was a bit "light-headed" when we recorded-I thought? Will it be SLOP? Yes, thank PAN it is PURE 70's ROCK SLOP! The ROCK GODS reward me EVERY time I plug in. So, I will be like Poncho-I will jam along to FEZZIHORSE.......and RELEARN the songs from the inside.

Latest Threads