What guitar stand is good for Les Pauls?

decoy205

Reaction score
Thanks for all the post. I'm gonna consider a rock stand for my rehearsal studio
for now i think im gonna get the smaller hercules stand:

Hercules Guitar Stand 405B

It has the bottom support. I'm only going to use this stand once in a while. It's going to mostly live in its case when its not in use.

Thanks guys.

tralf

Reaction score
Nice couch (not to mention collection!), but I can imagine a heart rending domino game. Ever been at a ski resort and watched about 20 pairs of skis tip sideways at once! My blood pressure went up just looking at it <grin>
-Tralf

waynesmith

Reaction score
I agree, I have a Hercules stand and no marks from it. Very sturdy too. Rule of thumb, stay away from stands with that rubber that feels like surgical tubing.
Hercules stands are very good, stay away from the rubber tubes...:thumb:

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from. I just think the larger Hercules type stands get in the way on gigs and liable to be knocked. Even in a room, those stands seem to dominate things. Perhaps it's me being clumsy. I actually use the Rockstands. I sometimes take a 3 guitar rockstand with me on gigs.

A friend of mine has put some velcro on the side of his cab and leans his bass against the cab and ties the velcro around the neck. I thought it looked a bit wobbly, but it was rock solid.
I have to say as a low output pickup kind of guy, I never lean my guitar against my amp. The magnets on the speakers can screw with the mags in your guitar.

johnreardon

Reaction score
I have to say as a low output pickup kind of guy, I never lean my guitar against my amp. The magnets on the speakers can screw with the mags in your guitar.
Could be an issue, probably not for the short time he leaves his bass there.

U

Unknown

My guitar goes right from the Strap to the case, especially at a gig! I've never owned a stand. :eek2:

FWIW

Latest Threads