What Grill Should I Get?

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been seriously thinking about getting a George Foreman Grill for the 4 months I cant use my BBQ.
There are a few different models to choose from now.

Has anyone out there got one . . . and actually still use it.
Cleaning is usually the issues with the gimmicks I get.

or will it just sit, unused, with all the other AS SEEN ON TV gimmicks like my dehydrator, patty stacker, juicer and slap-chop ?
Used the heck out of them when they first appeared 20+ years ago.
Note this was the countertop model, not a free standing grill.
If they are still made now like they were then, I'd be very suprised if they didn't work well.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with Char Broil. It's very cheap and has worked great for 2+ years. I'm talking from experience.

:laugh2:

YMMV and all that shit of course :laugh2:
Glad it has worked for you. If you can get some mileage out of one maybe they're making them better these days. (I'm talking about the gas version; no experience wit their charcoals).

rxbandit

Reaction score
Glad it has worked for you. If you can get some mileage out of one maybe they're making them better these days. (I'm talking about the gas version; no experience wit their charcoals).
Yup, gas version. It's cheap but it works great and has even heat. I have simple grilling needs

Ed B

Reaction score
I've been seriously thinking about getting a George Foreman Grill for the 4 months I cant use my BBQ.
There are a few different models to choose from now.

Has anyone out there got one . . . and actually still use it.
Cleaning is usually the issues with the gimmicks I get.

or will it just sit, unused, with all the other AS SEEN ON TV gimmicks like my dehydrator, patty stacker, juicer and slap-chop ?
We have a small couter top version. We use it only a couple times a year. Cleaning is not an issue. It comes with a scraper that fits over the grooves to get anything hard. The plates detach and go right in the dishwasher. When we use it we tend to leave it on the counter because we'll use it for a week straight. Then it goes in the cabinet and we forget about it. I'd recommend it.

Ed B

Reaction score
Yup, gas version. It's cheap but it works great and has even heat. I have simple grilling needs
Your altitude may play a part. In Philly that is one of the most disposable grills you can buy. My family went through a lot of those.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Your altitude may play a part. In Philly that is one of the most disposable grills you can buy. My family went through a lot of those.
Even if I went through 5 of em I'd still be in for cheaper than a lot of the grills in this thread :dunno:

Been great so far for me! *knocks on wood*

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm happy with Char Broil. It's very cheap and has worked great for 2+ years. I'm talking from experience.

:laugh2:

YMMV and all that shit of course :laugh2:
5+ for me. Never had any issues except the one I mentioned earlier about the grate not fitting snug. I don't have a cover on it but it's in the covered patio area so it doesn't get rained on. I've been happy with it. 4 burners plus the extra side burner. Seems to work well for just a few burgers all the way up to cooking for 20 people for a summer BBQ. Mine is all stainless too so it looks pretty nice

KP11520

Reaction score
I've been agonizing over making the right decision for years.

Friend has a new Weber Q3200. $419 everywhere. Not that big, side tables fold own. Propane. NO SIDE BURNER when you don't want to make heat in the house.

It has a big pan that's easy to clean or replace for the run off fat and drippings, so no fires if that goes unattended. And the grates are cast iron porcelain coated and don't have gaping spaces so grilling veggies doesn't result in loss.

Burger he made was better than most I've had at friends' weekend barbecues.

I didn't get to ask him if he preheats the grill HOT, if he can charcoal sear the outside of a steak and flip it and get the same result on the other side, while leaving the inside of the steak Mooooooing!.

That to me is MOST important.

So many brag about features that don't do what most would expect. IOW.... Bullsh!t. It's not apparent what really delivers. And most are clueless when buying of real criteria, so ratings are skewed.

Weber stocks replacement parts forever. That's really attractive, and not crazy expensive.

Another friend has a SS Viking or similar @ $3500. Beyond underwhelmed.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
On my 2nd Weber over the last 20 years or so. First one was the Silver (3 burner), and newer one is the Spirit 3 burner. You can replace the guts about every 7-10 years and basically have a new grill. Longer if you splurge for the SS internals. Great grills. The one I had before that, I don't remember the name of, but I bought it set up for natural gas and just piped a 1/2" run inside the house and stubbed it out through the brick along the foundation. I loved not having to worry about ever running out of gas. I use my grills probably 80-100 days a year. Even in the dead of winter. I just added a pellet smoker next to the grill this past spring and use them both all the time.

If money was no object and if I wasn't already set up, the Big Green Egg looks like it would be a blast to cook with.

scott1970

Reaction score
Weber.

They work so well they can make the neighbor's cat taste great. Even some of the big name competitors, Char-boy or Grillazzz, can't overcome that heavy cat flavor.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If Lowes is mandatory...

Get the best gas fired Weber grill that they sell. Get the stainless steel grill surface over porcelain covered iron surface.

Everything else sold at the big box stores is JUNK.

Buy once. Cry once. Don't cheap out. And, get a GOOD cover!