What Grill Should I Get?

BACzero

Reaction score
I've been saying I wanted a new grill for a long time. For Father's Day I got a $500 gift card to Lowe's, so I could go pick out my own grill. It's been so long since I've shopped for a grill, I'm not sure if there are things I should favor or avoid during my hunt. Is there a brand of grill that's known for having grates that meat doesn't stick to? Any that are better at keeping wasps from nesting in them? Ones that tend to hold up better and last longer? Or is a grill just a grill? Please share your grill wisdom!

Guidelines
- I tend to favor gas because it's easy, fast, and you have more control over your heat source.
- It needs to be available through Lowe's.
- It needs to be in the $500 range (it's a loose range, I could go a few hundred over or under).

Any input is appreciated.

Ready... GO!

Ed B

Reaction score
Weber, otherwise you'll be buying another one too soon. If you can wait, please do. They'll have a blowout sale of in store inventory. I got this for $435 after taxes, shipped and assembled. It was a 50% off Weber blowout.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
Weber. Don't even waste time looking at others. You're welcome.

Any Weber. The 310 is in your price range and fantastic. The more you spend, the better the Weber you get. They are all good. I have the small portable Q2000 to the Genesis. I also have a 310 that is just as good as the others. You CAN'T go wrong with a Weber.

PeteK

Reaction score
Weber's are quite nice. That would be my first choice too.

Ive had a CharBroil for a few years and it's fine other than the grate doesn't fit super snug so when I use the grill brush to clean it, it slams back and forth making a ton of noise. Other than that it's been a good grill for far cheaper than a Weber

BACzero

Reaction score
I've been looking a lot at the Char-Broil stuff, mainly because it came up first on the website, and it looks all stainless steely and manly... but I'm getting the feeling that Weber's where it's at...

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got this one for my Dad last summer. It's a good grill so far and also is a smoker..

char-griller-barrel-grills-8125-64_1000.jpg

It had to be heated up and rubbed with oil to season it, and it was a pita to assemble. But the price was good, it's big and can cook a lot of food, and so far it's worked really well.

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got this one for my Dad last summer. It's a good grill so far and also is a smoker..

View attachment 387259

It had to be heated up and rubbed with oil to season it, and it was a pita to assemble. But the price was good, it's big and can cook a lot of food, and so far it's worked really well.
I bought the same one for my son on his birthday back in February. Works great.

Ham, tri tip, ribs...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My grill is a DCS. Different ball park.

My ex has a Weber Platinum Series (it's a few years old...probably 10+). A few years ago, she says she wants to throw it out and get something new. She likes things that are nice and new and neat. I would guess that the Platinum is the equivalent to their current $999 offering.

Being the nice guy I am, I replaced the internal components and washed the grill. New grill (for $150). The thing is still cruising. We live near the Atlantic. So, the salt air eats up the internal metal components. However, the grill itself is as good as new. I will replace the guts, again, in the not too distant future ($150) and it will be new again.

However, if my ex decides to get rid of the Weber, I'm happy to take it. I actually suggested that we refurbish it and donate it to my son's fraternity. Weber bought Ducane. I had a three burner Ducane that was great. I gave it away when I moved (already had the other grill).

Long way of saying that I like Weber products.

Last edited:

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
A few non-brand considerations for you.

How many people are you going to feed.
Be mindful of the size of grill you get.

My mom & dad got me this gorgeous, humongous 6 burner grill
But in the end, it was just too big for two people. A smaller one suits me fine now.

Do you want one with a side burner?
I found that when I cooked for a lot of people, the side burner was handy.
Now. Not so much.

One last consideration.
What is the weather like and where will you store the grill?
A cover can extend the life of your grill by many seasons if it is exposed to the elements.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm getting hungry

BACzero

Reaction score