What gear are you going to buy with your stimulus check?

NHDave

Reaction score
Going into the joint acct to help with the prepay for our refi. Happy with that deal.

Although I did have my eye on something at my local store. We’ll see if they have it when they reopen.

danohat

Reaction score
I'm getting a lawnmower. Ha. Haven't had a lawnmower in 6 years cuz I have a seasonal business and too busy. Lawn guys aren't cutting. I got no money. Looking out the window and grass is turning green already.

Last edited:

Thundermtn

Reaction score
Going into the joint acct to help with the prepay for our refi. Happy with that deal.

Although I did have my eye on something at my local store. We’ll see if they have it when they reopen.
Pick your own appraiser, they just harpooned mine, conservatively off by $50K. Have your real estate agent recommend a local one that's not a fkn con artist. Also have your agent get comps ready ahead of time and hand them to the person as soon as they walk in the door. They're all scared and don't want to be in trouble if home's start folding. Make an issue in the contract of them making you pay for the appraisal reguadless of if the home appraises for peanuts b/c of their b.s. fear value opinion. They're claiming mine is only worth $53 a sq. foot, it was custom built a decade ago for nearly $100 per sq.

NashvilleCat

Reaction score
I should use it to do some much needed repairs to my house, but.....due to this crisis many people have pets that they can no longer afford to keep and/or feed. I'll be donating a good chunk of what I get to a couple local shelters who have set up animal food banks. My heart goes out to them.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I should use it to do some much needed repairs to my house, but.....due to this crisis many people have pets that they can no longer afford to keep and/or feed. I'll be donating a good chunk of what I get to a couple local shelters who have set up animal food banks. My heart goes out to them.
Right on, man. This is impressive and I salute ya!

Roxy13

Reaction score
So....sounds like most folks here don't need the money.
I'm retired so I am not losing my income. That is why aside from getting my niece the guitar I'm giving her an amp and I will get it a case, too. Her parents are currently not working due to Covid.

I will need the money the next time my old truck breaks down or an appliance :rofl: I have a feeling the 3 guitars I bought to repair and resell might be sitting here awhile. Now that I'm getting over my illness I will get back to getting the 2 that are here ready for new owners, if anyone is buying.

Latest Threads