What does your les inspire you to play?

Oddball667

Reaction score
Ok ok ,im definitely a metal guy , thrash metal , death metal , tech death metal , doom stoner the list goes on and on and on......
But thats definitely not what my LP inspires me to play , it'll cover those tones for sure through the 2 marshalls I play it through but not what comes out of my fingers on this fret board (or any fret board for that matter.
Ive actually really wanted to play doom/stoner metal and was one of the main reasons I was so excited to get a Gibson in the first place .
But for some reason I sit around my living room (or stand ) playing endless blues rock jams that go nowhere as if in a trance just listening to a warm clean tone with reverb .
Cant seem to get enough of my neck pickup through a marshall and a slight reverb. I find the warm tone very relaxing and hypnotic.
I'm sure eventually ill switch over to the bridge and give it some overdrive and rock out ...but right now thats totally not what I want to do , i been playing pretty quite and mellow jams by myself and just getting acquainted with the Beauty that is the clean tone of the neck pickup and the whole mind set it puts me in .
May head over and see where this jam I been playing goes if my neighbor adds some organ to it .
....only problem his reverb is broke , so afraid it'll throw the vibe off (may have to dig up a pedal) .
But was just curious if anyone else has an experience like this where you Lester basicly tells you what to play

rogue3

Reaction score
Ok ok ,im definitely a metal guy , thrash metal , death metal , tech death metal , doom stoner the list goes on and on and on......
But thats definitely not what my LP inspires me to play , it'll cover those tones for sure through the 2 marshalls I play it through but not what comes out of my fingers on this fret board (or any fret board for that matter.
Ive actually really wanted to play doom/stoner metal and was one of the main reasons I was so excited to get a Gibson in the first place .
But for some reason I sit around my living room (or stand ) playing endless blues rock jams that go nowhere as if in a trance just listening to a warm clean tone with reverb .
Cant seem to get enough of my neck pickup through a marshall and a slight reverb. I find the warm tone very relaxing and hypnotic.
I'm sure eventually ill switch over to the bridge and give it some overdrive and rock out ...but right now thats totally not what I want to do , i been playing pretty quite and mellow jams by myself and just getting acquainted with the Beauty that is the clean tone of the neck pickup and the whole mind set it puts me in .
May head over and see where this jam I been playing goes if my neighbor adds some organ to it .
....only problem his reverb is broke , so afraid it'll throw the vibe off (may have to dig up a pedal) .
But was just curious if anyone else has an experience like this where you Lester basicly tells you what to play
This is a valid question,
but unanswerable.

i'll give a select application.only a Les Paul can give the kind of blistering attack in a lead or riff phrase... that no other guitar can deliver at this level...it is what it is.

Last edited:

mfranzdorf

Reaction score
Every time, pretty much, I pick it up I have to play the main Riff of Midnight Rider and also Ziggy Stardust.

mjross

Reaction score
Poker or at least the lottery! These things aren’t cheap...

Last edited:

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Butchering up riffs from everyone from Allman Bros to Metallica to ZZ Top...

Latest Threads