What Do Your Dream Guitars Look Like?

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not much of a dream guitar, really, but it's affordable, kinda. Except for maybe the '18 Classic GT with P-90s (at $600 more than the Explorer Elite) I'm pretty much done with LPs. I'll keep my modded '13 Tribute and the modded LPMM but the '17 Trib GT is going on the block soon.

John Ucol

Reaction score
An LP or PRS singlecut shape, but with more than 22 frets and a trem. Also, with an ebony board and a flamed maple top in red.

I've had that worked out and realized on one of my guitars, commissioned/built a few years back:

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score
They don't exist.
I started playing in the early '80s, on a cheap copy. I tried my 'dream guitars' in shops early on and was underwhelmed by them - not the huge leap they should have been.
Since that day, they've been tools to get the job done.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Not much of a dream guitar, really, but it's affordable, kinda. Except for maybe the '18 Classic GT with P-90s (at $600 more than the Explorer Elite) I'm pretty much done with LPs. I'll keep my modded '13 Tribute and the modded LPMM but the '17 Trib GT is going on the block soon.
Yeah it’s not a dream guitar for me but an explorer is definitely on my eventual GAS list.

P.S. There are some really nice looking guitars in this thread. Some ugly ones (to me) too haha but you guys can wonder about that. I don’t begrudge anyone for what guitars they like!!

Roberteaux

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
personally . I think that Ric looks badass in B&W
Thanks, C... :)

It is a very striking instrument, appearance wise... :thumb:

But my reasons for wanting a 360/12 to replace the 330/12 has more to do with the natural voices of the two models, and my preference for the slightly mellower tone of the 360/12.

The reason I'd like one in fireglo is because the finish seems to have grown on me over the last couple of years.

The black 330/12 is a great guitar-- and I can live without the 360/12 for sure. But we were talking about "dream guitars" and so I allowed a little bit of capriciousness to enter into my answer. :laugh2:

--R :D

jacopo

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one, but I see a lot of love for black standards... :)

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score

There are way too many guitars that I think are beautiful, and that I would love to have, but an original Korina Explorer has been the one constant above all others, even more than a 59 Les Paul. Since I've gotten serious about the guitar in my early 20's, the Explorer/Ibanez Destroyer is the shape I look for when I walk into a music store.