What do you think is so special bout it?

dormientes

Reaction score
hmmm tell me guys why a Les Paul? I mean there are other guitars out there right? what makes you like this one more? :D personally I just like the quality and that suttle uniqueness...what 'bout you? :D:)

WildeStarr

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Les Pauls Rule. Period. It probably all boils down to what your heros played/play. Strats are nice, but they are not for me.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it is the belly !!! & the womanly shape & the wood :eek2: ..does that sound a lil' :wave::rofl:

flameburst

Reaction score
Great design, great craftsmanship, cute size, fabulous woods, artful curves, tone, magick, sustain, drool value, eye candy, ear candy, a timeless classic, evocative, pedigree... and played right, they can channel all our emotions (good and bad) into a soulful sonic sculpture!

On the dark side tho - these babies fuel extensive GAS habits, and burst envy. So... beware of the empirical Sith burst Lords. :slash:

Attachments

flameburst

Reaction score
...It is the tool of the Jedi - a lightsaber of sound. (in Kenobi's voice).

(Sorry, I've been watching Star Wars.... again!).

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
That vader pic is awesome! Can I get a "Vader Black" Les Paul Custom with the Imperial insignia as inlays? And those cool Vader head volume and tone knobs? Maybe a beam of red light running down the center of the fretboard? Thank God they don't make these....serious GAS attack! LOL :)

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it's how it's made its (ugh too many 'its' :rofl:) mark in guitar history.. that's what makes it special :thumb:

:hippie:

hedzeppelin

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, overall I prefer the SG. Les Pauls are nice, everyone should have one.
But really, the design isn't really all that comfortable, and they're heavy.
But, the Les Paul has more sustain than any other guitar made due
to its density. So if you want that kinda sound, an LP is the way to go.
Then again, some people just have them because their heroes use them.

I also like Strats. And, I'm gonna buy one. They're about the coolest looking guitars ever made, especially with all those cool custom colors. And, just look at the wide array of professional guitarists that use them as their main guitar:
Eric Clapton
Hendrix
Buddy Guy
Jeff Beck
Pete Townsend
John Mayer
and on and on....

boogie1

Reaction score
For me, I usually bring 3 guitars to a gig. My Les Paul is a constant- there is no question whether I am bringing it or not. It always delivers tone wise. The only reason I bring other guitars are two reasons- 1) I need a whammy bar on some stuff so I bring one of my Jacksons, and 2) Playability. As you know, LP's are a Motherf#@ker to play up high. The weight doesn't bother me. As a matter of fact, I like a heavy guitar. It's a source of comfort knowing I have a big old slab of tone wood, even if it is a boat anchor! For the playability factor, I bring either my Hamer Standard or Gibson Explorer. Every now and then one of the others is brought out when they get lonely sitting in the closet.

Reaction score
I must admit, I took me a long time just to step up to an SG. I've bought some and then sold it just cuz I couldn't get used to it. However watching Elliot Easton play an SG definately got me gassing again.

Today I have a 61 LP Custom.

Reaction score
Why a les paul??

Hmm... Good question.

Les Pauls are timeless, in fashion or not they are toneful, versatile and classic! There's something in the mahogany and maple top that you can't get with a bolt on or an alder top guitar. The shape is timeless and ranges from Jimmy Page, Gary Rossington, Joe Perry, and even Zakk Wylde.

They can cover Rock, Metal, Country Blues and basically every genre. How many other models can you say do that?

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why a les paul??

Hmm... Good question.

Les Pauls are timeless, in fashion or not they are toneful, versatile and classic! There's something in the mahogany and maple top that you can't get with a bolt on or an alder top guitar. The shape is timeless and ranges from Jimmy Page, Gary Rossington, Joe Perry, and even Zakk Wylde.

They can cover Rock, Metal, Country Blues and basically every genre. How many other models can you say do that?
i hate to saay this bro.i love lesters but i think strats sree more versatile..

Latest Threads